|Date:||Saturday, March 18, 2023|
|Location:||Folsom Point State Park|
Folsom, CA 95630
Here is a Google map showing the Start.
|Race Distances:||5K, 10K, 9 Mile, Half Marathon, 30K, 21 Mile, Trail Marathon, 50K|
|Start Time:||8:00 AM (9-hour time limit)|
About the Race
Join Troy’s California Trail Runs and hundreds of runners for the March 19th Folsom Lake Southside Trail Run. Held along the shores of Sacramento’s favorite recreational area, the trails around Folsom Lake feature stony dirt paths that wind along relentless hills with stunning vistas of the lake.
Surface: Dirt, rocks, single-track trail, as little pavement as possible.
Course: Folsom Lake Southside Trail.
Elevation Profile: Rolling hills, with lots of ups and downs.
Weather: California Spring, Highs – 65 degrees / Lows 40 degrees.
Parking: Plenty of parking is available for this event, however carpooling is encouraged as there is a day-use fee.
- Multiple, fully loaded, aid stations will be open throughout the course.
- All runners receive a Commemorative Medal.
- Volunteer photographers to capture pictures of event and runners, posted online for your enjoyment
Directions to the START/FINISH:
|DISTANCE||BY 12/18/22||BY 02/24/23||ONLINE 02/25/23|
THROUGH 3/18/23 RACE DAY
|3/18/23 IN PERSON|
- Active military receive a 15% discount. Please e-mail email@example.com to process your military registration discount.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, but the full registration amount (minus processing fees) may be transferred to another future TCT Run by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours before the scheduled event.
- Runners may purchase a Troy’s California Trail Runs sport-tek technical fabric shirt during the registration process, or at the event supply permitting. All shirts are gender-specific and come in sizes ranging from ladies XS all the way to mens XXL.
|Online registration is available through the evening before the race.|
|Please print the form, fill it out, and mail it to us with the enclosed registration fee.|
|Race day registration is available beginning at 7:00 AM.|
|Volunteers are needed to help with aid stations.|
Everyone who helps out gets a free future race!
If interested, please email email@example.com.
- 7:00 AM – Registration opens / Bib Pick-Up
- 7:45 AM — Trail briefing
- 8:00 AM — Start of all races (9-Hour Cutoff)
Start/Finish at Folsom Point State Park at the picnic tables in the Northeast corner of Folsom Point.
The Toilets ARE available, first-come first-served. Please be kind and patient with your fellow runners waiting for and needing to use the toilets.
- The entrance to the park is marked with Pink Ribbons. Stay to the Right as you drive into the Start/Finish Area.
- Yellow 50K, Trail Marathon
- Red 21M, 30K, Half-Marathon
- Black 9M, 10K, 5K
- Start/Finish next to the registration area.
- Course markings
Pink – All distances.
- Signs on 3ft wooden stakes indicating Distance & Direction Arrows. Gypsum (White powder) on the ground indicating Distance and Direction Arrows.
All aid stations will remain open until the last runner comes in. If the runner does not meet the cutoff time the runner may be driven back to the start.
- Primary Aid Station will be located at the Start/Finish Line.
- Aid Station 1 – 10K Turnaround at Browns Ravine
- Aid Station 2 – Half-Marathon Turnaround at Planeta Way
- Water Stop available at the 21 Miler Turnaround Point at New York Creek
- Aid Station 3 – 50K Turnaround at Old Salmon Falls Road
Aid Station Cut-Off Times:
- 12:30 PM – Aid Station 3 Old Salmon Falls, 50K RUNNERS
- 3:00 PM – Aid Station 2 Planeta Way, ALL RUNNERS
- 4:00 PM – Aid Station 1 Browns Ravine, ALL RUNNERS
- 5:00 PM – Start/Finish, ALL RUNNERS FINISHED.
5K Race (180 Ft Ascent)
10K Race (472Ft Ascent)
9 Mile Race (695Ft Ascent)
Half Marathon Race (1,219Ft Ascent)
30K Race (1,725 Ft Ascent)
21 Mile Race (1,916Ft Ascent)
Trail Marathon Race (2,671 Ft Ascent)
50K Race (3,051Ft Ascent)
All runners after crossing over the dike you will turn LEFT up onto the South Side Trail.
Attention all runners. Just before aid station 1 at Browns Ravine, you will cross over a road to the entrance to Browns Ravine. Please use caution in both directions.
10k: you will turn around at the first aid station at Browns Ravine.
9 Milers: you will turn around at 9mi turn around signs accompanied by a swath of blue ribbons
Half Marathon: you will turn around at the second aid station located at Planeta Way mile 6.5.
30K: you will turn around at 30k turn around signs accompanied by a swath of yellow ribbons
21 Milers: you will turn around after crossing over the New York Creek bridge. Troy will be there, on the bridge, cheerfully serving water.
Trail Marathon: you will turn around at 26mi turn around signs accompanied by a swath of red ribbons
50K: when arriving at AID STATION 3 mile 15.5 Old Salmon Falls parking lot you will TURN AROUND.
Travel and Accommodations
Directions and Parking
- Here is a Google map showing the Start. Ignore the street address. This address is for someone Google chose because they are the closest street address to the parking lot. You can use the google map to get driving directions directly to the parking lot.
- From highway 50, get off E. Bidwell exit, turn left at end of the ramp
- Turn right on Oak Ave Parkway
- Turn right on Blue Ravine
- Turn left on E. Natomas
- Turn left on Briggs Ranch Dr.
- Turn right into park entrance
- After entering the park, turn right at the fork and drive all the way to the end….look for restrooms on the right.
- The entrance to the park is at the corner of East Natoma and Briggs. There is a church on the corner. Please do not bother with the church by asking for directions. They don’t actually know about our event. The Start/Finish is Folsom Point/Dyke 8 off of East Notama in Folsom CA.
- Parking: Ample parking at the boat ramp. Cost: $12.00 for day use.
- Park phone: 916-988-0205
Drop bag service will be available the morning of the race. Signs for the three different on-course aid stations where bags may be checked to will be posted near check-in/registration.
Staff will deliver checked drop bags to the three aid stations on course after the race begins, and all drop bags will be returned to the finish at intervals throughout the day. Please notify our aid station volunteers on course when done with your drop bag so it can be returned to the finish in a timely manner..
Drop bags may be checked to:
Aid Station 1 DROP BAGS: Browns Ravine: Mile 3.5 going out
Aid station 2 DROP BAGS: Planeta Way: 50k, 21Mi, 13Mi. Mile 6.5 going out.
Aid station 3 DROP BAGS: Old Salmon Falls parking lot mile 15.5, 50k.
There is parking nearby at Falcon Crest parking lot to reach the Old Salmon Falls Aid Station on foot.
Crew info & driving directions:
- Aid stations & crew access allowed.
- Aid station one Browns Ravine. Runners that will have access to this aid station: 50k, 21mi, 13mi, 9mi & 10k.
- Runners that will access twice 50k, 26Mi, 21Mi, 18Mi, 13Mi.
- Aid station three Old Salmon Falls parking. 50k
- You must have a parking pass to access Aid Stations. ($12 Day Pass)
There are shopping centers, food & gas along the course at the intersection of East Natoma St & Green Valley Rd.
Also Francisco Drive & Green Valley Rd.
Aid station One Browns Ravine.
Leaving the Start/Finish Folsom Point. Turn left onto East Natoma St. Turn left onto Green Valley Rd. Turn Left into Browns Ravine entrance to Folsom Lake. Aid station will be located on your right at the toll entrance shack.
Aid station Two Planeta Way.
Leaving Browns Ravine aid station. Turn left onto Green Valley Rd. Turn left at Francisco Dr. Drive for 1.8 miles until the end. Turn right onto Guadalupe Dr. Immediate left onto Planeta Way. Drive 2/10 of a mile until the end. Park in the court & at the end of the court. On the left, there is a paved road leading down to the aid station – 20 yards.
Aid Station Three Old Salmon Falls
Leaving Planeta Way aid station, drive back to Green Valley Rd. Take your next left at the light onto Salmon Falls Rd. On Salmon Falls Rd drive 2.8 miles until the Falcon Crest parking lot on your left. Turn left at the end of the parking lot onto a paved road leading down to the Old Salmon Falls parking lot aid station. Drive straight down into the parking lot. Please drive safely, the road is a little rough.
ATTENTION CREWS – NO PARKING SIGNS ON STREET IN THIS AREA.
Crews after leaving the Old Salmon Falls aid station turn right onto Salmon Falls Rd. Drive 2.8 miles to Green Valley Rd. Turn right onto Green Valley Rd this will take you back to all locations.
If you want to drive back to Old Salmon Falls aid station turn left onto Green Valley Rd. If you want to return to Browns Ravine aid station or the finish turn right onto Green Valley Rd.