Troy’s California Trail Run’s mission is to provide some of the most scenic, challenging, and fun runs in California. We want to provide an environment that is both safe and enjoyable. We are a patriotic and green company. We believe in a clean environment and want all of our participants to be responsible when it comes to keeping all of our trails pristine and litter free.
We are a family oriented organization. Our runs will be setup for every age group. Some runs will be designed only for adults and others we would like to have just for children. However, everyone is invited to participate. We will have runs for beginners, intermediate runners, and the hard-core ultrarunner.
Things that are good to know about our events:
- Race day registration is available. Please add $10 to the price for your distance.
- Throughout the year, we will have different distances from 3 miles to 100 miles.
- We recommend carrying two water bottles for the longer runs.
- Pre-registered runners who purchased the T-shirt by the deadline will receive it on the morning of the event. The T-shirt has the TCT Runs logo and the name of the run in which you participate.
- All runners will pick up their bib numbers and pins on the morning of the event.
- Each course will be planned and well marked to keep runners on course.
- Aid stations will always be provided in necessary locations.
- A trail briefing will always be given 15 minutes before the event starts.
- We will always have course maps displayed on the morning of the event.
- On-line registration is available through the morning of the event.
- Active members of the armed forces receive a 15% discount given on race day. It will be a refund if you are pre-registered. Please present your armed forces ID card to receive your discount. Thank you for your service!
- All courses and distances are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances. If this happens, we will do the best we can to keep the intended distances as close as possible on any new courses.
- Cancellation Policy: If an event is cancelled by the Park Service Authority due to a natural disaster or bad weather, or if a property owner decides to cancel the event, your registration can only be rolled over to another event. No refunds.
- If the race director needs to cancel for some reason not listed above, you will be refunded the cost less the processing fee for whatever distance you signed up for. You also have the option of rolling your registration forward. If you purchased a T-shirt for a cancelled event, you still get the T-shirt if we have ordered them. If we have not ordered the T-shirts, you get a $20 refund. You always have the option of rolling your registration over to a new event, so you could choose to not receive a refund if one is offered for the T-shirt, but instead re-order a T-shirt for no additional cost.
In some of our races, medals are awarded to everyone who crosses the finish line, and special awards are given to the overall winners. The availability of medals is indicated on the individual race pages.
In all other races, certificate awards are presented to the first place finishers for men and women in each event. All other participants receive a finisher certificate for completing the race.
If you need any more info about events or such, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a subject line detailing specifically what your question is about.