Troy’s California Trail Run’s mission is to provide some of the most scenic, challenging, and fun runs in California. We want to provide an environment that is both safe and enjoyable. We are a patriotic and green company. We believe in a clean environment and want all of our participants to be responsible when it comes to keeping all of our trails pristine and litter free.
We are a family oriented organization. Our runs will be setup for every age group. Some runs will be designed only for adults and others we would like to have just for children. However, everyone is invited to participate. We will have runs for beginners, intermediate runners, and the hard-core ultrarunner.
Things that are good to know about our events:
- Race day registration is available. Please add $10 to the price for your distance. On-line registration is available through the morning of the event.
- All racers will pick up their bibs on the morning of the event at the starting area.
- Please check back on the website one to two days before your race for the most up to date / accurate information.
- We recommend carrying two water bottles for the longer runs.
- Pre-registered runners who purchased the T-shirt by the deadline will receive it on the morning of the event. The T-shirt has the TCT Runs logo and the name of the run in which you participate.
- Each course will be planned and well marked to keep runners on course.
- Aid stations will always be provided in necessary locations.
- A trail briefing will always be given 15 minutes before the event starts.
- We will always have course maps displayed on the morning of the event.
- Active members of the armed forces receive a 15% discount given on race day. It will be a refund if you are pre-registered. Please present your armed forces ID card to receive your discount. Thank you for your service!
- All courses and distances are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances. If this happens, we will do the best we can to keep the intended distances as close as possible on any new courses.
- Cancellation Policy: If an event is cancelled by the Park Service Authority due to a natural disaster or bad weather, or if a property owner decides to cancel the event, your registration can only be rolled over to another event. No refunds.
- If the race director needs to cancel for some reason not listed above, you will be refunded the cost less the processing fee for whatever distance you signed up for. You also have the option of rolling your registration forward. If you purchased a T-shirt for a cancelled event, you still get the T-shirt if we have ordered them. If we have not ordered the T-shirts, you get a $20 refund. You always have the option of rolling your registration over to a new event, so you could choose to not receive a refund if one is offered for the T-shirt, but instead re-order a T-shirt for no additional cost.
In some of our races, medals are awarded to everyone who crosses the finish line, and special awards are given to the overall winners. The availability of medals is indicated on the individual race pages.
In all other races, certificate awards are presented to the first place finishers for men and women in each event. All other participants receive a finisher certificate for completing the race.
Ribbons will always be attached to wooden clothes pins. If you see ribbons on any race that is not attached to a clothes hangar, that ribbon is present due to markings for another organization (forest service, for example).
Other markings will include signs and chalk marks on the ground.
We are a small, hard working team who are passionate about trail running and love to exhibit beauty that our unique trail runs have to offer. We are always looking for more to join our team and to help out with organizing runs and editing the website. If that sounds like you, don’t be afraid to get in touch.
We strive to always improve our maps and are under a huge rework of maps from paper copies to digital. This allows for more insightful data and gives everyone a better experience.
If there are ever any problems with the maps that you see please do not hesitate to contact us so we can fix it.
If you have any completed runs that you would like to share with us to improve our maps please email a link of your completed run or provide a GPX file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your contribution!
A note about elevation data:
Elevation data (ascent/descent) on our maps may be different from data on Strava or other sources. We’ve seen up to 10% differences in some cases. This is because there is no universal algorithm used to calculate this information. If you need accurate data in relation to other races you’ve ran, you can import our map data into your mapping software.
If you need any more info about events or such, please email email@example.com. Please include a subject line detailing specifically what your question is about.