|Date:||Saturday, March 9, 2024|
|Location:||Almaden Quicksilver County Park|
21785 Almaden Rd
San Jose, CA 95120
|Race Distances:||Half Marathon|
|Start Time:||8:30 AM All Distances. 6-hour time limit|
About the Race
This Half Marathon race starts at the Hacienda Entrance of Almaden Quicksilver Park and will take you up to the top of the exclusive Mt. Umunhum.
|Volunteers are needed to help with aid stations.|
Everyone who helps out gets a free future race!
|DISTANCE||BY 9/30/23||BY 12/31/23||BY 3/8/24||3/9/24|
RACE DAY REGISTRATION
- Active military & first responders receive a 15% discount. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to process your registration discount.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, but the full registration amount (minus processing fees) may be transferred to another future TCT Run by contacting email@example.com at least 24 hours before the scheduled event.
- Runners may purchase a Troy’s California Trail Runs sport-tek technical fabric shirt during the registration process, or at the event supply permitting. All shirts are gender-specific and come in sizes ranging from ladies XS all the way to mens XXL.
|Online registration is available through the evening before the race.|
|Race day registration is available beginning at 7:00 AM.|
- 7:00 AM — Registration/Sign-In/Bib-Pick Up Opens
- 8:15 AM — Trail briefing
- 8:30 AM — Race Start
Please arrive early as we expect a full event.
Course Information & Maps
Toilets are available at the start/finish line. They are first-come first-served, so please be respectful of other runners waiting for and needing to use the toilets. Toilets also available at ALL aid stations.
The course is Point to Point.
Courses will be marked with single solid PINK color ribbons tied to clothespins, ORANGE cones, signs & gypsum.
Half Marathon (2:30pm overall cutoff, 6 Hour Time Limit)
- Course Ascent: 4,767 feet.
- Race Bibs: Runners will have black-numbered bibs on a yellow background.
- Course Ribbons:
- Follow pink ribbons up to Woods Parking Lot Aid Station (Mile 5.3, Toilet Available).
- ATTENTION No Pink Ribbons for 1.8 Miles on the Barlow Trail from Mile 8.2 to Mile 9.9.
- At Mile 8.2, starting at the bottom of the Barlow Trail for 1.8 miles on a dirt road, a very steep climb up for 1.8 miles to Mile 9.9, there will be NO RIBBONS until reaching Aid Station 2 at the top of the Barlow Trail.
- Then Follow pink ribbons out to the Mt. Umunhum & Barlow Trail Intersection Aid Station (Mile 9.9, Toilet Available).
- No pink ribbons to the HALF MARATHON FINISH, but signs at 3 miles from Finish.
- Aid/Water Available
- Hacienda Parking Lot Start (Mile 0.0, 8:30am, Toilet Available)
- Aid Station 1: Woods Parking Lot Aid Station (Mile 5.3, Cutoff 10:30am, Toilet Available)
- Aid Station 2: Mt. Umunhum & Barlow Trail Intersection (Mile 9.9, Cutoff 1:00pm), Toilet Available)
- Finish (Mile 13.35, 2:30pm noon cut off, Toilet Available).