|Date:||Saturday, December 9, 2023|
|Start Location:||Falcon Crest Parking Lot / Monte Vista Trailhead|
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762
|Finish Location:||Folsom Point State Park|
Folsom, CA 95630
Here is a Google map showing the Finish.
|Race Distance:||Half Marathon|
|Start Time:||8:00 AM All Distances. 4.5-hour time limit|
About the Race
Come join us for a 95% single track 5% dirt road trail race alongside the beautiful Folsom Lake. Located just outside of the Sacramento, this race is primarily run on the Southside Trail. All very appealing single track, great running, and some technical sections alongside gentle rolling hills in El Dorado county. The trail parallels Folsom Lake, oak trees, lush green grass, nice scenery, views of Folsom Lake, the surrounding foothills, and the snowcapped Sierra Mountains.
This Half Marathon race starts at Falcon Crest and finishes at Folsom Point.
|Volunteers are needed to help with aid stations.|
Everyone who helps out gets a free future race!
|DISTANCE||BY 7/31/23||BY 9/30/23||BY 12/8/23||12/9/23|
RACE DAY REGISTRATION
- Active military & first responders receive a 15% discount. Please email email@example.com to process your registration discount.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, but the full registration amount (minus processing fees) may be transferred to another future TCTRuns by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours before the scheduled event.
- Runners may purchase a Troy’s California Trail Runs sport-tek technical fabric shirt during the registration process, or at the event supply permitting. All shirts are gender-specific and come in sizes ranging from ladies XS all the way to mens XXL and youth S to XL.
|Online registration is available through the evening before the race.|
|Please print the form, fill it out, and mail it to us with the enclosed registration fee.|
|Race day registration is available beginning at 6:45 AM.|
- 6:45 AM — Registration/Runner Check-In Starts
- 7:45 AM — Trail Briefing & Registration/Runner Check-In Ends
- 8:00 AM — Race Start
Please arrive early as we expect a full event.
Course Information & Maps
Toilets are available at the start/finish line. They are first-come first-served, so please be respectful of other runners waiting for and needing to use the toilets. Toilets also available at some aid stations.
The course is Point to Point.
Courses will be marked with single solid PINK color ribbons tied to clothespins, ORANGE cones, signs & gypsum. Yellow Ribbons highlight turn off up into New York Creek Aid Station.
Half Marathon (12:30pm overall cutoff, 4.5 Hour Time Limit)
- Course Ascent: 1505 ft
- Race Bibs: Runners will have red-numbered bibs on a white background.
- Course Markings:
- Follow pink ribbons.
- Signs on 3ft wooden stakes indicating Distance & Direction Arrows. Gypsum (White powder) on the ground indicating Distance and Direction Arrows.
- Yellow Ribbons highlight turn off up into New York Creek Aid Station
- Aid/Water Available
- Falcon Crest Parking Lot Start (Mile 0.0, 8:00am, Toilet Available)
- Water Station 1: New York Creek (Approx. Mile 2.7)
- Aid Station 2: Planeta Way Aid Station (Approx. Mile 6.7 – Toilet Nearby, Cutoff 10:00am)
- Aid Station 3: Browns Ravine Aid Station (Approx. Mile 10, Cutoff 11:00am)
- Finish Line is at Folsom Point (Mile 13.1, 12:30pm noon cut off, Toilet Available).