|Date:||Saturday, May 20, 2023|
|Location:||Almaden Quicksilver County Park|
21785 Almaden Rd
San Jose, CA 95120
|Race Distances:||Half Marathon|
|Start Time:||9:00 AM All Distances. 5.5-hour time limit|
About the Race
This Half Marathon race starts at the Mt. Umunhum parking lot and will take you from the top of the exclusive Mt. Umunhum down to the Hacienda Entrance parking lot of Almaden Quicksilver Park.
|Volunteers are needed to help with aid stations.|
Everyone who helps out gets a free future race!
|DISTANCE||BY 12/31/22||BY 2/28/23||BY 5/19/23||5/20/23|
RACE DAY REGISTRATION
- Active military receive a 15% discount. Please e-mail email@example.com to process your military registration discount.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, but the full registration amount (minus processing fees) may be transferred to another future TCT Run by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours before the scheduled event.
- Runners may purchase a Troy’s California Trail Runs sport-tek technical fabric shirt during the registration process, or at the event supply permitting. All shirts are gender-specific and come in sizes ranging from ladies XS all the way to mens XXL.
|Online registration is available through the evening before the race.|
|Race day registration is available beginning at 6:45 AM.|
- 6:30 AM — Almaden Quicksilver Park – Hacienda parking lot opens
- 6:45 AM – 7:45 AM — Registration/Sign-In/Bib-Pick Up Opens
- 7:45 AM — Buses start taking runners up to the Mt Umunhum parking lot (a 20 to 25 minute bus ride)
- 8:45 AM — Trail briefing
- 8:30 AM — Race Start
Please arrive early as we expect a full event.
Course Information & Maps
Toilets are available at the start/finish line. They are first-come first-served, so please be respectful of other runners waiting for and needing to use the toilets. Toilets also available at ALL aid stations.
The course is Point to Point.
Courses will be marked with single solid PINK color ribbons tied to clothespins, ORANGE cones, signs & gypsum.
Half Marathon (2:30pm overall cutoff, 5.5 Hour Time Limit)
- Course Ascent: 1,909 feet.
- Race Bibs: Runners will have red-numbered bibs on a white background.
- Course Ribbons:
- Follow pink ribbons down to Woods Parking Lot Aid Station (Mile 7.9, Toilet Available).
- Then Follow pink ribbons to the HALF MARATHON FINISH.
- Aid/Water Available
- Start – Mt. Umunhum Parking Lot (Mile 0.0, 9:00am, Toilet Available)
- Water Station 1: Mt. Umunhum & Barlow Trail Intersection (Mile 3.2)
- Water Station 2: Sierra Azul Woods & Barlow Trail intersection (Mile 5)
- Aid Station: Woods Parking Lot Aid Station (Mile 7.9, Cutoff 12:30pm, Toilet Available)
- Water Station 3: Mine Hill & Catamount Trail Intersection (Mile 10.9)
- Finish – Hacienda Parking Lot (Mile 13.4, 2:30pm noon cut off, Toilet Available).
Please note cutoffs will be strictly enforced for the half marathon.