|Date:||Saturday, July 9, 2022|
|Location:||Rancho Canada del Oro Open Space Preserve|
4289 Casa Loma Road
Morgan Hill, CA 95037
|Race Distances:||5K, 10K, 10 Mile, Half Marathon, 30K, Trail Marathon, 50K|
|Start Time:||8:00 AM|
About the Race
This event is tucked away in the incredibly beautiful foothills of the South Bay Area, taking place in the Rancho Cañada del Oro Open Space Preserve.
If you’re looking for easy and flat then move on. One of our hilliest races provides you with spectacular Bay Area panoramas along the base of the Santa Cruz Mountains.
The Preserve is loaded with single track trails, some very enjoyable fire roads, incredible views, lots of beautiful foothills, and creeks beside beautiful old oak trees that provide you with well-deserved shade on a mostly exposed course. Come prepared!
|DISTANCE||BY 4/9/22||BY 6/17/22||ONLINE 6/18/22|
THROUGH 7/9/22 RACE DAY
|IN PERSON 7/9/22|
- Active military receive a 15% discount. Please e-mail email@example.com to process your military registration discount.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, but the full registration amount (minus processing fees) may be transferred to another future TCT Run by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours before the scheduled event.
- Runners may purchase a Troy’s California Trail Runs sport-tek technical fabric shirt during the registration process, or at the event supply permitting. All shirts are gender-specific and come in sizes ranging from ladies XS all the way to mens XXL.
|Print out a form, fill it out, and mail it to us at the enclosed address with your registration fee.|
|Volunteers are needed to help with aid stations.|
Everyone who helps out gets a free future race!
- 6:30 AM — Back Overflow Parking Opens
- 6:45 AM — Bib pickup, race day registration opens (Located at Race Start)
- 7:45 AM — Trail briefing
- 8:00 AM — Start of all races
Course Information & Maps
This course is very hilly and challenging. We encourage all runners to have a minimum of one water bottle or camelback. Longer distance runners should carry two water bottles, a camelback, or both. We recommend sunscreen for your protection on exposed trails. There is some shade, but lots of sun exposure. Rancho Canada del Oro has a good mix of single track and dirt roads.
Half Marathon (pm cutoff)
30K (pm cutoff)
Trail Marathon (cutoff)
Watch out for rattlesnakes, especially later on in the day.
There will be 2 fully stocked aid stations for this race
– Bald Peaks Trail at Catamount Trail intersection Aid Station
– Longwall Trail at Catamount Trail intersection Aid Station (also race finish for all distances)
Drop bags located at Longwall / Catamount intersection (also finish line).
We only have one commode for this event located in the front main parking lot, near the check in, registration desk and start line. This toilet is first-come first-served, so please be respectful of other runners waiting for and needing to use the toilet. This is the only toilet, so please arrive early.
Additional toilets are located at:
Calero Park 10 minutes away.
Cinnabar Hills Golf Course 10 minutes away.
Safeway in Almaden located on Almaden Expressway and Camden Avenue.
Directions and Parking
South of San Jose, Take exit 373 from US-101 S. Continue on Bailey Ave. Take McKean Rd to Casa Loma Rd.
Start line is at the Rancho Cañada del Oro Open Space Preserve parking lot.
All Runners please park in the back overflow parking lot 500 yards past runner check in, on the left, on Casa Loma Road.
Runners please walk up dirt road to main front parking lot for runner check in.
Please CARPOOL. Parking is extremely restricted.
All runners receive a medal for finishing the race.