|Date:||Saturday, June 4, 2022|
|Location:||Calero County Park, San Jose, CA|
23205 McKean Rd San Jose, CA 95120
|Race Distances:||5K, 10K, 15K, Half Marathon, 25K, 50K|
|Start Time:||8:00 AM|
About the Race
Beginning at Calero County Park, this trail run has everything! Experience awesome single track, great hills, and dirt paths. The 50K is a challenging, fantastic trainer for Western States that includes oak trees, exposure, good heat training, and panoramic vistas.
200 runner limit. 9-hour time limit.
|Volunteers are needed to help with aid stations.|
Everyone who helps out gets a free future race!
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|DISTANCE||BY 3/4/22||BY 5/13/22||ONLINE 5/14/22|
THROUGH 6/4/22 RACE DAY
|IN PERSON 6/4/22|
- Active military receive a 15% discount. Please e-mail email@example.com to process your military registration discount.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, but the full registration amount (minus processing fees) may be transferred to another future TCT Run by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours before the scheduled event.
- Runners may purchase a Troy’s California Trail Runs sport-tek technical fabric shirt during the registration process, or at the event supply permitting. All shirts are gender-specific and come in sizes ranging from ladies XS all the way to mens XXL.
|Online registration is available through the morning of the race.|
|Please print the form, fill it out, and mail it to us with the enclosed registration fee.|
|Race day registration is available beginning at 7:00 AM.|
- 7:00 AM — Registration opens/Bib Pick-Up
- 7:45 AM — Trail briefing
- 8:00 AM — Start of all races
5K (367ft Ascent)
You will stay inside Calero Park. You will run a Clockwise loop. Follow the Green Ribbons. Follow 5K signs and gypsum arrows.
10K (735ft Ascent, 5K + 5K reversed)
You will stay inside Calero Park. You first run the 5K course in a clockwise direction loop then return to the finish/aid station then reverse the 5K course. Just run counterclockwise to complete the 10K course returning to the finish. Follow the GreenRibbons. Follow 5K signs and gypsum arrows.
15K (1,715ft Ascent)
Start out following Orange Ribbons to the first aid station. After arriving at the aid station, turn around following Pink Ribbons to the finish.
Half Marathon (2,408 ft Ascent)
Run 3.8 miles following Orange Ribbons to the first aid station located at Rancho Cañada del Oro parking lot. After reaching the first aid station, continue running west now following Blue Ribbons running a 4 mile clockwise loop returning to the aid station. After returning to the aid station for the second time, the 13.1 milers turn around following the Pink Ribbons to the finish.
25K and 50K runners
Troy will be located at the Rancho Cañada del Oro aid station directing to insure you stay on course. 50K runners can use the 16 mile course map as reference. These 2 distances will first run the Half Marathon in its entirety and return to the finish line. Then the 25K and 50K runners will go back out and run the 5K course (Green Ribbons) running a clockwise loop and return to the finish. 25K runners are done. 50K runners go back out and run the 16 mile course (Pink Ribbons) leading over to the Rancho Cañada del Oro aid station parking lot. Then they reverse, running a counterclockwise loop (Blue Ribbons), the 4.2 mile loop previously ran when doing the Half Marathon course. The 50K runners return to the Rancho Cañada del Oro aid station then follow Orange Ribbons back to the finish line. 50K runners then go back out and run the 10K course (Green Ribbons) now running a counterclockwise loop and return to the finish for the last time.
25K (2,808ft Ascent)
50K (5,692ft Ascent, 25K + 25K reversed)
Directions and Parking
The park is located off McKean Road. Traveling to the park, from central San Jose, take Almaden Expressway south. Turn right onto Harry Road, then left onto McKean Road. From 101, exit on Bailey Avenue and head west until you reach McKean Road. Turn left onto McKean Road. Calero Park entrance and parking lot are on the right side 0.5 mile. (Click here for a local map.)
Parking: Carpooling is encouraged. Park at Calero Parking Lot on McKean Road.
Please drive the speed limit and be respectful of the people living on Casa Loma Road. Please check the course maps to follow your runner. Crews may follow their runners by driving to Rancho Cañada del Oro Aid Station located at Rancho Cañada del Oro’s parking lot.
Directions from Calero Park to Rancho Cañada del Oro Aid Station:
- Turn right onto McKean Rd.
- Drive approximately one mile on McKean Rd.
- Turn right onto Casa Loma Road.
- Drive approximately one mile on Casa Loma Road. Rancho Cañada del Oro parking lot will be on your left.
- The Aid Station is located next to the toilet.
- Please only park in Rancho Cañada del Oro paved parking lot if there is plenty of parking available.
- An overflow parking lot is available 1/4 mile past the paved parking lot on the left. Please park there and walk back to the Aid Station.
To return to the Start/Finish location Calero Park:
- Drive on Casa Loma Road approximately one mile.
- Turn left onto McKean Rd.
- Drive approximately one mile on Mckean Rd.
- Turn left into Calero Park returning to the Start/Finish location.
Drop bags may be left at the start/finish for the 50K. We will have two drop bag locations for runners: (a) The Start/Finish. (b) Aid Station located at the Rancho Cañada del Oro parking lot. 50K will be able to access their drop bags at the Start/Finish once.
Wyndham Garden San Jose Silicon Valley Hotel
located near this event in South San Jose
399 Silicon Valley Blvd
San Jose, CA 95138
Results will be posted at the top after the race.