|Date:||Saturday, May 7, 2022|
|Location:||Almaden Quicksilver County Park|
21785 Almaden Rd
San Jose, CA 95120
|Race Distance:||5K, 10K, 9M, Half Marathon, 30K, Trail Marathon, 50K|
|Start Time:||8:00 AM (All Distances). 9 Hour time limit.|
Earn a free future race credit by volunteering with us, click here to submit a volunteer application!
About the Race
Located just outside of San Jose at the Almaden Quicksilver County Park, we’re coming back for a spectacular day of Northern California trail running in the Hacienda Hills. Six different race distances with increasing elevation gain guarantee that you’ll be working off the holidays with Bay Area views all around you.
|DISTANCE||BY 2/7/22||BY 4/15/22||ONLINE 4/16/22|
THROUGH 5/7/22 RACE DAY
|5/7/22 IN PERSON|
|6:30 AM – Parking Lot opens|
|6:45 AM – Check-in opens|
|7:45 AM – Trail Briefing|
|8:00 AM – Start Time – All Distances. |
9 Hour Time Limit. Race officially over at 5:00 PM
Directions and Parking
- Driving directions to Hacienda Trailhead:
From Highway 85, take the Almaden Expressway exit south 4.5 miles to Almaden road. Exit to the right on Almaden Road and drive 3 miles along Almaden Road through the town of New Almaden to the unpaved parking lot on the right. The cross streets are Almaden Road and Bertram Road.
Free. Please park in the dirt parking lot in the back of the Hacienda entrance to Almaden Quicksilver Park, in New Almaden near the La Foret restaurant.
Almaden/Quicksilver Park, Hacienda entrance.
All courses are primarily on dirt roads.
- Bib Colors:
- Yellow – Trail Marathon, 50K
- Red – Half Marathon
- Black – 5K, 10K, 9M
- Course Markings:
- 50K – Pink ribbons, then orange ribbons
- Trail Marathon – Pink ribbons, then orange ribbons
- Half Marathon – Pink ribbons, then orange ribbons
- 9 Mile – Pink ribbons, then orange ribbons
- 10K – Pink ribbons out and back
- 5K – Pink ribbons out and back
Most runners will encounter each aid station and water multiple times during their run.
Hacienda Entrance Parking Lot Aid Station, Toilets Available
Mockingbird Entrance Parking Lot Aid Station, Toilets Available
Woods Parking Lot Water Stop, Toilets Available
50K (7,129 Feet Elevation Gain). 9 Hour overall cutoff.
Trail Marathon (6,122 Feet Elevation Gain)
30K (4,606 Feet Elevation Gain). 6 Hour overall cutoff.
Half Marathon (3,100 Feet Elevation Gain). 4 Hour overall cutoff.
9 Mile (2,451 Feet Elevation Gain)
10K (1,545 Feet Elevation Gain)
5K (751 Feet Elevation Gain)
Attention All Runners:
All distances will be marked with Signs/Distances/Direction arrows Gypsum/White chalk on the ground/Direction arrows/Distance numbers.
Some signs may say (ALL) meaning all distances continue in that direction.
Some signs may indicate only one distance or two or more. Please be observant.
Prior to intersections we will have the course marked with Signs/Ribbons/Gypsum arrows and distance numbers.
Where distances SPLIT to go different directions the trail will be marked with gypsum, white chalk. (S) meaning SPLIT distances go different ways.
Single track trails will only be marked at the beginning and at the end.
Support Crews & Access Directions
Hacienda Hills Aid Station Driving Directions
Aid Stations in Sequence
1. First Aid Station Almaden Quicksilver the Mockingbird parking lot Aid Station.Mile 310k,9Mi,13Mi,30k,26Mi,50k
A. Start Finish the Hacienda parking lot Aid Station. Leaving the Start Finish to the Mockingbird parking lot Aid Station.
B. Turn Left onto Almaden Road Northwest.Drive approximately 2 miles turning left onto Mockingbird Hill Ln.Drive to the top & turn left into Almaden Quicksilver Park the Mockingbird parking lot entrance.The Aid Station is located in the Southeast corner of the parking lot.
2. Second Aid Station Almaden Quicksilver Park the Hacienda parking lot entrance Start Finish. 10k,9Mi,13Mi,30k,26Mi,50kLeaving the Mockingbird parking lot.Turn Right onto Mockingbird Hill LnTurn Right onto Almaden Road drive approximately 2 miles turning right into Almaden Quicksilver Park the Hacienda parking lot entrance.Mile 6 10k Runners DONE
3. Third Aid Station Almaden Quicksilver Park the Woods parking lot entrance located at the intersection of Hicks & Mt Umunhum Roads.13Mi,30k,26Mi,50k
Leaving Start Finish the Hacienda parking lot entrance.Turn Right onto Almaden Road.Drive on Almaden Road for 5 minutes turning Right onto Hicks Road.Drive up Hicks Road for 5 minutes until STOP SIGN at Hicks & Mt Umunhum Road.Turn Right at Stop Sign into the Woods parking lot.Aid Station is located in the Southeast corner.Mile 9.513Mi,30k,26Mi,50k.
Leaving the Woods parking lot Aid Station returning to the Start Finish the Hacienda parking lot.
Turn Left at Stop Sign down onto Hicks Road Turn left onto Almaden Road Turn Left back into Almaden Quicksilver Park the Hacienda parking lot entrance.Mile 13 13 Milers DONE 30k,26Mi,50k
4. Leaving the Hacienda parking lot entrance to Almaden Quicksilver Park the Mockingbird parking lot entrance.30k,26Mi,50k
All Please look above to previous driving directions to Almaden Quicksilver Park the Mockingbird parking lot entrance.30k,26Mi,50k
5. 30k Runners Leaving Almaden Quicksilver Park the Mockingbird parking lot.30k Runners RETURN to the Start Finish the Hacienda parking lot entrance.30k RUNNERS DONE
6. 26Mi,50k Runners Continue Straight over to the Woods parking lot Aid Station.Leaving the Mockingbird parking lot entrance.Crews Turn Right down onto Mockingbird Hill Ln.Turn Right onto Almaden Road drive for 10 minutes past the Hacienda parking entrance back up to the Woods parking lot Aid Station.Turn Right onto Hicks Road up to Stop Sign located at the intersection of Hicks Road & Mt Umunhum.Turn Right at Stop Sign into the Woods parking lot Aid Station.Mile 2026Mi,50k
7. 26Mi,50k Runners now Return to Start Finish the Hacienda parking lot entrance.Mile 23.526Mi,50kPlease Refer to Previous driving directions.
26 Mile Crews Your DONE following your runner26 Milers now do a Out & Back so Crews please stay at Start Finish for your 26 Milers FINISH.
8. 50k CrewsMile 23.5 Hacienda parking lot Aid Station.You will now Return to the Woods parking lot Aid Station one last time. Mile 27 for 50k Runners.
9. 50k Crews Leaving the Woods parking lot Aid Station returning to the Start Finish the Hacienda parking lot entrance.Please refer to previous driving directions.
10. 50k Runners will be Done Returning to the Start Finish the Hacienda parking lot Aid Station.Mile 30.5