|Date:||Saturday, January 29, 2022|
|Location:||Folsom Lake State Recreation Area|
Salmon Falls Parking Lot
El Dorado Hills, CA
(Click here for Google Maps to the Parking Lot)
|Race Distances:||5K, 10K, 9 Mile, Half Marathon, 30K, Trail Marathon, 50K|
|Start Time:||8:00 AM All Distances. 9-hour time limit|
About the Race
This race is run on 95% single-track and 5% dirt road. The course primarily follows the South Side Trail. Very appealing single-track course, and great running with some technical sections. With gently rolling hills in El Dorado Hills, the trail parallels Folsom Lake and is covered by oak trees, lush green grass, and stunning scenery of the surrounding Sierra foothills.
|Volunteers are needed to help with aid stations.|
Everyone who helps out gets a free future race!
|DISTANCE||BY 10/29/21||BY 1/7/22||ONLINE 1/8/22|
THROUGH 1/29/22 RACE DAY
|IN PERSON 1/29/22|
- Active military receive a 15% discount. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to process your military registration discount.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, but the full registration amount (minus processing fees) may be transferred to another future TCT Run by contacting email@example.com at least 24 hours before the scheduled event.
- Runners may purchase a Troy’s California Trail Runs sport-tek technical fabric shirt during the registration process, or at the event supply permitting. All shirts are gender-specific and come in sizes ranging from ladies XS all the way to mens XXL.
|Online registration is available through the morning of the race.|
|Please print the form, fill it out, and mail it to us with the enclosed registration fee.|
|Race day registration is available beginning at 7:00 AM.|
- 6:00 AM — Park Opens
- 6:45 AM — Registration/Sign-In/Bib-Pick Up Opens
- 7:45 AM — Trail briefing
- 8:00 AM — Race Start
Please arrive early as we expect a full event.
- Most of the trails are single track with gently rolling hills, and other parts are flat and wide. Small portions of the course are on pavement.
- The Starting line for the race will be in the middle of the Salmon Falls Parking Lot, allowing the pack to thin out before entering the Sweetwater Trail.
- All of the toilets are available at the start/finish line. They are first-come first-served, so please be respectful of other runners waiting for and needing to use the toilets.
- Courses will be marked with ribbons, signs & gypsum.
- There is a creek crossing – WET FEET. Please use caution when crossing the Sweet Water creek. The rocks are very slippery.
- 50K (3,356 ft. Ascent) – Out & Back Route. PINK RIBBONS. Turnaround at signage after the Browns Ravine Aid Station. Six aid stations along the course and two water stops along the course. Toilets available on course.
- Trail Marathon (3,001 ft. Ascent) – Out & Back Route. PINK RIBBONS. Turnaround at signage after the Planeta Way Aid Station. Four aid stations and two water stops along the course. Toilets available on course.
- 30K (2,106 ft. Ascent) – Out & Back Route. PINK RIBBONS. Turnaround at Yellow Ribbons immediately after Salmon Falls Aid Station. Two aid stations and two water stops along the course. Toilets available on course.
- Half Marathon (1,555 ft. Ascent) – Out & Back Route. PINK RIBBONS. Turnaround at Orange Ribbons after Salmon Falls Aid Station. Two aid stations along the course. Toilets available on course.
- 9 Mile (990 ft. Ascent) – Out & Back Route. PINK RIBBONS. Turnaround at Blue Ribbons after Salmon Falls Aid Station. Two aid stations along the course. Toilets available on course.
- 10K (734 ft. Ascent) – Out & Back Route. PINK RIBBONS. Turnaround at Salmon Falls Aid Station. One Aid Station at Salmon Falls. Toilets available on course.
Additional instructions on ribbons, loops and other important information related to the race will be shared at the trail briefing.
All of our routes are curated by our team. Distances may at times be approximate due to discrepancies in satellite navigation and on the ground set-up. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Note: In case of inclement weather an alternate course that does not cross the creek will be announced at the trail briefing.
- Browns Ravine aid station closes at 12:30 pm.
- Planeta Way aid station closes at 2:00 pm.
- Old Salmon Falls aid station closes at 4:00 pm.
- The race ends at SALMON FALLS PARKING LOT, with a 5:00 pm cutoff.
- All aid stations will be staffed. Additionally you may prepare drop bag(s) which will be delivered to aid stations in the morning.
- We will have at least one EMT present at the race.
Parking and Carpooling
- $10 per vehicle, SELF-REGISTRATION for all parking.
- There is overflow parking available outside the SALMON FALLS PARKING LOT.
- Please use CAUTION crossing & walking on Salmon Falls road.
- We will have pink ribbons at the entrance and people directing you.