|Date:||Saturday, October 9, 2021|
|Location:||Rancho Canada del Oro Open Space Preserve|
4289 Casa Loma Rd. Morgan Hill, CA
|Race Distances:||5K, 10K, Half Marathon, 30K|
|Start Time:||8:00 AM|
About the Race
This event is tucked away in the incredibly beautiful foothills of the South Bay Area, taking place fully in the Rancho Cañada del Oro Open Space Preserve.
If you’re looking for easy and flat then move on. But the climbs here are well worth it: At the top is a panoramic view of the entire Bay Area southward, plus the base of the Santa Cruz Mountains.
The Open Space Preserve will give you a mix of singletrack (40%) and some very enjoyable fire roads (60%) to play on. There are lots of beautiful old oak trees to enjoy but lots of exposure, so come prepared.
|DISTANCE||BY 7/9/21||BY 9/17/21||ONLINE 9/18/21|
THROUGH RACE DAY
- Active military receive a 15% discount. Please e-mail email@example.com to process your military registration discount.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, but the full registration amount (minus processing fees) may be transferred to another future TCT Run by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours before the scheduled event.
- Runners may purchase a Troy’s California Trail Runs sport-tek technical fabric shirt during the registration process, or at the event supply permitting. All shirts are gender-specific and come in sizes ranging from ladies XS all the way to mens XXL.
|Print out a form, fill it out, and mail it to us at the enclosed address with your registration fee.|
|Volunteers are needed to help with aid stations.|
Everyone who helps out gets a free future race!
- 6:30 AM — Back Overflow Parking Opens
- 6:45 AM — Bib pickup, race day registration opens (Located at Race Start)
- 7:45 AM — Trail briefing
- 8:00 AM — Start of all races
30K and Half Marathon
6 Hour Time Limit
Time Limit Schedule
8:00 am Start All Distances.
2:00 pm Race Over (6 Hour Time Limit)
This course is very hilly and challenging. We encourage all runners to have a minimum of one water bottle or camelback. Longer distance runners should carry two water bottles, a camelback, or both. We recommend sunscreen for your protection on exposed trails. There is some shade, but lots of sun exposure. Rancho Canada del Oro has a good mix of single track and dirt roads.
RACE START LINE: All Runners please park in the back overflow parking lot 500 yards past runner check in, on the left, on Casa Loma Road. Runners please walk up dirt road to main front parking lot for runner check in adjacent to the start line.
RACE FINISH LINE: This race will finish for all distances at the Longwall Trail and Catamount Trail intersection within the Rancho Canada del Oro Open Space preserve. Full aid will be available at this location. Runners then must exit the race to return back to the overflow parking lot by walking 0.7 miles along the Longwall Canyon Trail through Calero County Park. Race staff at finish line will direct.
5K Course Map
10K Course Map
Half Marathon Course Map
30K Course Map
Watch out for rattlesnakes, especially later on in the day.
There will be 2 fully stocked aid stations for this race
– Bald Peaks Trail at Catamount Trail intersection Aid Station
– Longwall Trail at Catamount Trail intersection Aid Station (also race finish for all distances)
Drop bags located at Longwall / Catamount intersection (also finish line).
We only have one commode for this event located in the front main parking lot, near the check in and registration desk and start line.
Additional toilets are located at:
Calero Park 10 minutes away.
Cinnabar Hills Golf Course 10 minutes away.
Safeway in Almaden located on Almaden Expressway and Camden Avenue.
Directions and Parking
South of San Jose, Take exit 373 from US-101 S. Continue on Bailey Ave. Take McKean Rd to Casa Loma Rd.
Start line is at the Rancho Cañada del Oro Open Space Preserve parking lot.
All Runners please park in the back overflow parking lot 500 yards past runner check in, on the left, on Casa Loma Road.
Runners please walk up dirt road to main front parking lot for runner check in.
Please CARPOOL. Parking is extremely restricted.
All runners receive a medal for finishing the race.