|Date:||Saturday, October 9, 2021|
|Location:||Calero Park San Vincente Parking Area, San Jose, CA 95120, USA|
21131 McKean Rd San Jose, CA 95120
|Race Distances:||5K, 10K, 8 Miler, 10 Miler, Half Marathon|
|Start Time:||8:00 AM (4-hour time limit)|
About the Race
All courses are primarily beautiful single-track trail. This new park is loaded with rolling hills, oak trees, lush grass, and awesome scenery. I am very impressed with the trails here. There are plenty of ups and downs for all of these courses.
Hills, Hills, and More Hills!
Surface: single-track trail and fire roads both shaded and exposed.
Elevation Profile: Rolling hills, with lots of ups and downs.
Weather: California Spring, Highs – 65 degrees / Lows 40 degrees.
Parking: Plenty of parking is available for this event and it is free, however carpooling is encouraged.
Fully loaded aid stations will be available for all runners with plenty of nutrition and hydration options available.
All runners earn a commemorative medal.
|Volunteers are needed to help with aid stations.|
Everyone who helps out gets a free future race!
If interested in volunteering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Half Marathon – $70
- 10 Miler – $65
- 8 Miler – $60
- 10K – $55
- 5K – $50
Entry fees are non-refundable unless the event is cancelled. Pre-registered runners qualify to purchase a T-shirt for an additional $25 if they register at least two weeks before the race.
Active military receive a 15% discount. Entry fees are non-refundable unless the event is cancelled. Please e-mail email@example.com to process your registration discount.
Bibs handed out on event day.
- Register by Mail
Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org for mail registration.
- Register at Race
Race day registration is available beginning at 7:00 AM. Please add $10.00 to the above fees.
- 7:00am: Runner check-in.
- 7:50am: Trail briefing.
- 8:00am: All distances start.
All runners receive a medal for finishing the race.
5K (371Ft Ascent)
You do an out and back following yellow ribbons the entire time. Return to finish and you are done.
10K (873ft Ascent)
You do an out and back following Pink Ribbons the entire course. One water stop at your turnaround. Return to finish and you are done.
8 Miler (1,194ft Ascent)
After reaching Mile 5 at the Cottle aid station, turn left and follow orange ribbons, running a counter-clockwise loop back to the finish.
10 Miler (1,391ft Ascent)
Run an out and back and turnaround at the Cottle aid station, returning to the start/finish and you are done.
Half-Marathon (1,774ft Ascent)
First, run the 10-mile course. Return to the Start/Finish. At the Start/Finish, there will be an aid station for the 13-mile runners. The 13-mile runners now go out and run the 5K Course return to the finish and you are done.
- Black bibs – 5K, 10K.
- Red bibs – 8 Milers.
- Yellow bibs – Half Marathon, 10 Miler.
Directions and Parking
21131 McKean Rd San Jose, CA 95120
From San Jose, take Almaden Expressway, continue until it ends at Harry Road. Turn right and then an immediate left at McKeen Rd. In 1.4 miles, the entrance is on your right.
Note: There are 90 parking spots. Please carpool as we expect this event to fill up.
Travel and Accomodations
COVID – 19 Mitigation Plan
Covid-19 prevention plan is subject to change and updates. Please continue to check our homepage for race day updates and covid19.ca.gov for additional protocols and updates.
• Each runner must conduct a self-screening test before the race.
• 90 participants across both distances and staggered start
• If you have tested positive or been in contact with someone that tested positive within 14 days of race day, we ask you to stay home.
• If you have any symptoms, please stay home.
• All runners must wear a face mask at all times, EXCEPT while running the race, however we also ask that you carry a face mask on your person throughout the race in case of crossing paths.
• Aid stations will consist of minimal, already packed items, no communal items or hands on the table. Please respect the volunteers, staff, and other participants.
• Each race will stagger starts in small groups of 3-5 people. Face coverings, social distancing and temperature checks will be required to participate.
• Runners are highly encouraged to prepare their own nutrition packs. Drop-bag services to aid stations will be available.
• No spectators at the event, Teams may assist with drop bag locations, refer to maps for drop bag / aid station locations.
• Please be prepared to social distance.
Results are posted at the top of this page after the race.