|Date:||Saturday, December, 2021|
|Location:||23205 McKean Rd San Jose, CA 95120|
Google Maps Link –> http://bit.ly/2KCn6La
Calero County Park, San Jose, CA
|Race Distances:||0.5M, 2M, 5K, 10K, 15K, Half Marathon, 25K, 50K|
|Start Time:||8:00 AM|
About the Race
Beginning at Calero County Park, this trail run has everything! Experience awesome single track, great hills, and dirt paths. The 50K is a challenging, fantastic trainer for Western States that includes oak trees, exposure, good heat training, and panoramic vistas.
200 runner limit. 9-hour time limit.
|Volunteers are needed to help with aid stations.|
Everyone who helps out gets a free future race!
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration fees are as follows:
- 0.5M – $25
- 2M – $30
- 5K – $50
- 10K – $55
- 15K – $60
- Half Marathon – $70
- 25K – $90
- 50K – $100
Active military receive a 15% discount. Entry fees are non-refundable unless the event is cancelled. Please e-mail email@example.com to process your registration discount.
Entry fees are non-refundable unless the event is canceled.
Pre-registered runners may purchase a T-shirt for an additional $25.00 if they register at least two weeks before the event.
|Online registration is available through the morning of the race.|
- Register by Mail
Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a mail registration form.
- Register at Race
Race day registration is available beginning at 7:00 AM. Please add $10.00 to the above fees.
- 7:00 AM — Registration opens/Bib Pick-Up
- 7:45 AM — Trail briefing
- 8:00 AM — Start of all races
0.5 Miler runners
You will stay inside Calero Park. You will run Out & Back. Turn around at red ribbons, then return to the finish.
2 Miler runners
You will stay inside Calero Park. You will run Out & Back. Turn around at yellow ribbons, then return to the finish.
5K (367ft Ascent)
You will stay inside Calero Park. You will run a Clockwise loop. Follow the Green Ribbons. Follow 5K signs and gypsum arrows.
10K (735ft Ascent, 5K + 5K reversed)
You will stay inside Calero Park. You first run the 5K course in a clockwise direction loop then return to the finish/aid station then reverse the 5K course. Just run counterclockwise to complete the 10K course returning to the finish. Follow the GreenRibbons. Follow 5K signs and gypsum arrows.
15K (1,715ft Ascent)
Start out following Orange Ribbons to the first aid station. After arriving at the aid station, turn around following Pink Ribbons to the finish.
Half Marathon (2,408 ft Ascent)
Run 3.8 miles following Orange Ribbons to the first aid station located at Rancho Cañada del Oro parking lot. After reaching the first aid station, continue running west now following Blue Ribbons running a 4 mile clockwise loop returning to the aid station. After returning to the aid station for the second time, the 13.1 milers turn around following the Pink Ribbons to the finish.
25K and 50K runners
Troy will be located at the Rancho Cañada del Oro aid station directing to insure you stay on course. 50K runners can use the 16 mile course map as reference. These 2 distances will first run the Half Marathon in its entirety and return to the finish line. Then the 25K and 50K runners will go back out and run the 5K course (Green Ribbons) running a clockwise loop and return to the finish. 25K runners are done. 50K runners go back out and run the 16 mile course (Pink Ribbons) leading over to the Rancho Cañada del Oro aid station parking lot. Then they reverse, running a counterclockwise loop (Blue Ribbons), the 4.2 mile loop previously ran when doing the Half Marathon course. The 50K runners return to the Rancho Cañada del Oro aid station then follow Orange Ribbons back to the finish line. 50K runners then go back out and run the 10K course (Green Ribbons) now running a counterclockwise loop and return to the finish for the last time.
25K (2,808ft Ascent)
50K (5,692ft Ascent, 25K + 25K reversed)
Directions and Parking
The park is located off McKean Road. Traveling to the park, from central San Jose, take Almaden Expressway south. Turn right onto Harry Road, then left onto McKean Road. From 101, exit on Bailey Avenue and head west until you reach McKean Road. Turn left onto McKean Road. Calero Park entrance and parking lot are on the right side 0.5 mile. (Click here for a local map.)
Parking: Carpooling is encouraged. Park at Calero Parking Lot on McKean Road.
Please drive the speed limit and be respectful of the people living on Casa Loma Road. Please check the course maps to follow your runner. Crews may follow their runners by driving to Rancho Cañada del Oro Aid Station located at Rancho Cañada del Oro’s parking lot.
Directions from Calero Park to Rancho Cañada del Oro Aid Station:
- Turn right onto McKean Rd.
- Drive approximately one mile on McKean Rd.
- Turn right onto Casa Loma Road.
- Drive approximately one mile on Casa Loma Road. Rancho Cañada del Oro parking lot will be on your left.
- The Aid Station is located next to the bathroom.
- Please only park in Rancho Cañada del Oro paved parking lot if there is plenty of parking available.
- A overflow parking lot is available 1/4 mile past the paved parking lot on the left. Please park there and walk back to the Aid Station.
To return to the Start/Finish location Calero Park:
- Drive on Casa Loma Road approximately one mile.
- Turn left onto McKean Rd.
- Drive approximately one mile on Mckean Rd.
- Turn left into Calero Park returning to the Start/Finish location.
Drop bags may be left at the start/finish for the 50K. We will have two drop bag locations for runners: (a) The Start/Finish. (b) Aid Station located at the Rancho Cañada del Oro parking lot. 50K will be able to access their drop bags at the Start/Finish once.
COVID – 19 Mitigation Plan
Covid-19 prevention plan is subject to change and updates. Please continue to check our homepage for race day updates and covid19.ca.gov for additional protocols and updates.
• Each runner must conduct a self-screening test before the race.
• 90 participants across both distances and staggered start
• If you have tested positive or been in contact with someone that tested positive within 14 days of race day, we ask you to stay home.
• If you have any symptoms, please stay home.
• All runners must wear a face mask at all times, EXCEPT while running the race, however we also ask that you carry a face mask on your person throughout the race in case of crossing paths.
• Aid stations will consist of minimal, already packed items, no communal items or hands on the table. Please respect the volunteers, staff, and other participants.
• Each race will stagger starts in small groups of 3-5 people. Face coverings, social distancing and temperature checks will be required to participate.
• Runners are highly encouraged to prepare their own nutrition packs. Drop-bag services to aid stations will be available.
• No spectators at the event, Teams may assist with drop bag locations, refer to maps for drop bag / aid station locations.
• Please be prepared to social distance.
Wyndham Garden San Jose Silicon Valley Hotel
located near this event in South San Jose
399 Silicon Valley Blvd
San Jose, CA 95138
Results will be posted at the top after the race.