|Date:||April 10th, 2021|
|Location:||Folsom Lake State Recreation Area|
Salmon Falls Parking Lot
El Dorado Hills, CA
(Click here for Google Maps to the Parking Lot)
|Race Distances:||50K , Trail Marathon, 18 Miles, Half Marathon, 10K (90 Participant Limit across all distances)|
|Start Time:||8:00 AM (All distances, staggered start, 9-hour time limit.)|
About the Race
This race is run on 95% single-track and 5% dirt road. The course primarily follows the South Side Trail. Very appealing single-track course, and great running with some technical sections. With gently rolling hills in El Dorado Hills, the trail parallels Folsom Lake and is covered by oak trees, lush green grass, and stunning scenery of the surrounding Sierra foothills.
|Volunteers are needed to help with aid stations.|
Everyone who helps out gets a free future race!
- Half Marathon – $60
- 18 Miles – $80
- Trail Marathon – $100
- 50K – $120
There is a 90 person limit across both distances.
Active military receives a 15% discount.
Entry fees are non-refundable unless the event is canceled.
Pre-registered runners may purchase a T-shirt for an additional $25.00 if they register for one at least two weeks before the event.
All finishers receive an event-specific Troy’s California Trail Runs Medal and have access to food and drinks at aid-stations.
- Register by Mail:
Mail it to us at least two weeks before race day:
Troy’s California Trail Runs
2850 Douglas Fir Dr.
Camino, CA 95709
- Register at Race:
There will be no race-day registration for this race.
- 6:00 AM — Park Opens
- 6:45 AM — Registration/Sign-In/Bib-Pick Up Opens
- 7:45 AM — Trail briefing
- 8:00 AM — Race Start (All distances via staggered start)
Please arrive early as we expect a full event.
- Most of the trails are single track with gently rolling hills, and other parts are flat and wide. Small portions of the course are on pavement.
- The Starting line for the race will be in the middle of the parking lot, allowing the pack to thin out before entering the Sweet Water Trail.
- All of the bathrooms are available at the start/finish line.
- Courses will be marked with ribbons, signs & gypsum.
- There is a creek crossing – WET FEET. Please use caution when crossing the Sweet Water creek. The rocks are very slippery.
- ATTENTION: BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN ON SALMON FALLS RD/WATCH OUT FOR THE CARS.
- 50K (3301ft Ascent) – Out & Back Route. PINK RIBBONS, Turnaround at the Browns Ravine aid station. Reach Start/Finish Line Aid, and complete a final 3 Mile Out and Back, turning at Green Ribbons to complete 50K. Four aid stations along the course, Including Start/Finishtwo water stops. There is a porta-potty within 100 yards West of the final aid station.
- Trail Marathon (2979ft Ascent) – Out & Back Route. PINK RIBBONS, Turnaround at Blue Ribbons immediately after Planeta Way Aid Station. Three aid stations, including Start/Finish, two water stops along the course.
- 18 Miles (2050ft Ascent) – Out & Back Route. PINK RIBBONS, Turnaround at Orange Ribbons immediately after Salmon Falls Aid Station. Three aid stations, including Start/Finish, two water stops along the course.
- Half Marathon (1,670ft Ascent) – Out & Back Route. PINK RIBBONS, Turnaround at Red Ribbons after Salmon Falls Aid Station. Two aid stations, including Start/Finish.
- 10K (616ft Ascent) – Out & Back Route. PINK RIBBONS, Turnaround Salmon Falls Aid Station. Two aid stations, including Start/Finish.
Additional instructions on ribbons, loops and other important information related to the race will be shared at the trail briefing.
All of our routes are curated by our team. Distances may at times be approximate due to discrepancies in satellite navigation and on the ground set-up. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Note: In case of inclement weather an alternate course that does not cross the creek will be announced at the trail briefing.
COVID – 19 Mitigation Plan
Covid-19 prevention plan is subject to change and updates. Please continue to check our homepage for race day updates and covid19.ca.gov for additional protocols and updates.
• Each runner must conduct a self-screening test before the race.
• 90 participants across both distances and staggered start
• If you have tested positive or been in contact with someone that tested positive within 14 days of race day, we ask you to stay home.
• If you have any symptoms, please stay home.
• All runners must wear a face mask at all times, EXCEPT while running the race, however we also ask that you carry a face mask on your person throughout the race in case of crossing paths.
• Aid stations will consist of minimal, already packed items, no communal items or hands on the table. Please respect the volunteers, staff, and other participants.
• Each race will stagger starts in small groups of 3-5 people. Face coverings, social distancing and temperature checks will be required to participate.
• Runners are highly encouraged to prepare their own nutrition packs. Drop-bag services to aid stations will be available.
- Browns Ravine aid station closes at 12:30 pm.
- Planeta Way aid station closes at 2:00 pm.
- Old Salmon Falls aid station closes at 4:00 pm.
- The race ends at SALMON FALLS PARKING LOT, with a 5:00 pm cutoff.
- All aid stations will be staffed, but food and supplies will be limited, please prepare a drop bag which will be delivered to aid stations in the morning.
- We will have at least one EMT present at the race.
- Drop bags will be located at Planeta Way aid station for the 50k & 22-mile runners. 50k runners will pass through the Planeta aid station twice. Please arrive early so that we can arrange for your drop bag to be brought to the Planeta Way aid station. We will plan to deliver them back to the Start/Finish line when the aid station closes.
Parking and Carpooling
- $10 per vehicle, SELF-REGISTRATION for all parking.
- NO SPECTATORS Please plan to arrive individually to ensure social distancing, or within a pod, or to be dropped off and picked up at the end of the race.
- There is overflow parking available outside the SALMON FALLS PARKING LOT.
- Please use CAUTION crossing & walking on Salmon Falls road.
- We will have pink ribbons at the entrance and people directing you.