|Date:||Saturday, September 26, 2020|
|Location:||Hacienda Entrance to Quicksilver Park|
21785 Almaden Rd, San Jose, CA 95120
CLICK HERE FOR GOOGLE MAP DIRECTIONS
|Race Distances:||50K, Trail Marathon, 20M, 16M, Half Marathon, 9M, 10K, 5K|
|Start Time:||8:00 AM (10-hour time limit)|
About the Race
Run in the shadow of the infamous Mt. Umunhum. Set in the Sierra Azul Open Space Preserve, this is a one of a kind running experience that provides unique access to gorgeous trails and scenery not viewed by many. This is one of the toughest trail races that we host. Come prepared for a fantastic adventure!
100% Single Track and Fireroads
Surface: Dirt, rocky, single-track trail and fire roads from Start to Finish
Course: The Woods Trail, Out and Back!
Elevation Profile: Steep hills that roll throughout the course.
Weather: California Spring, Highs – 65 degrees / Lows 40 degrees.
Parking: Plenty of parking is available for this event.
Carpooling is encouraged.
Bib Pick-Up and Registration takes place on Race Day.
- Multiple aid stations will be open throughout the course. Aid offerings may be limited due to state and county rules, however, TCTRUNS will offer a drop-bag service for all runners at the start of the race, with personal items delivered to turn-around aid station locations.
- Please come prepared for an endurance event, particularly if you are planning to run some of the longer course offerings, and if you are unwell or have been unwell in the past two weeks, please roll-over your registration to a new event.
- Please come prepared to obey all state and county regulations related to COVID-19.
- Please come prepared to wear face mask coverings at race registration and before/after the race. Additionally, social distancing practices are recommended.
- If the race is canceled due to COVID-19, we will offer race registration roll-overs to future events or a refund.
- TCTRuns staff will be taking prevention precautions for this race.
Book Flights and Hotels for this Event
|Volunteers are needed to help with aid stations.|
Everyone who helps out gets a free future race!
- 50K – $120
- Trail Marathon – $100
- 20M –
- 16M – $80
- Half Marathon – $60
- 9M – $55
- 10K – $45
- 5K – $40
Entry fees are non-refundable unless the event is canceled.
If the race is canceled due to COVID-19, we are happy to roll-over your registration to a future race or refund you.
Pre-registered runners qualify to purchase a T-shirt for an additional $25 if they register at least 2 weeks (two Mondays) before the Saturday events. Active Military receive a 15% discount. Bibs handed out on event day.
- Register by Mail
Print form and mail to us.
- Register at Race
Print form and bring to the race. Race day registration is available beginning at 6:30 AM. ($10.00 added to the above fees.)
- 6:30am: Runner check-in.
- 7:50am: Trail briefing.
- 8:00am: All distances start.
*10-hour time limit.
All runners receive a medal for finishing the race.
The courses are out and back along Woods Trail from the Start/Finish line. See the course maps below for additional information.
There are four aid stations along the course and 3 water stations; nutrition offerings may be limited.
5K (938ft Ascent)
10K (1,677ft Ascent)
9 Miler (1,312ft Ascent)
Half Marathon (2,152ft Ascent)
16 Miler (2,946ft Ascent)
20 Miler (3,780ft Ascent)
Trail Marathon (7,217ft Ascent)
50K (8,526ft Ascent)
- Black: 9M, 10K, and 5K
- Red: 18M & 13M
- Yellow: 50K & 26M (Attn 26 Milers: Write “26” on it so we know who’s who.
Drop Bag service will be made available to all runners at the start of the race.
We will pick up your drop bags at the Start/Finish the morning of the race. Drop bags will be delivered to the Aid Station where your respective distance will turnaround.
All distances start at 8:00 am Race is over at 6:00 pm – 10 hour time limit.
All times listed below refer to when a runner must be out of that aid station moving forward.
Marathon cutoff times in sequence
10:30 am CUTOFF TIME – Marathon Woods Trail aid station Turnaround mile 6.5 located at the intersection of the Woods Trail, Kennedy & Limekiln Trail.
1:00 pm CUTOFF TIME – Marathon Start/Finish Turnaround to go back out/REPEAT OUT & BACK.
3:30 pm CUTOFF TIME – Marathon – Woods Trail aid station Turnaround mile 19.5 located at the intersection of the Woods Trail, Kennedy & Limekiln Trail.
6:00 pm at the FINISH/Race is officially over (10 hour time limit.)
50K cutoff times in sequence
10:00 am Mile 6.5 – Woods Trail Aid Station at the intersection of Woods,Kennedy & Limekiln Trails.
11:00 am Mile 11.7 – Kennedy Aid Station Turnaround for 50k.
12:30 pm Mile 16.9 – Priest Rock & Limekiln aid station first time out. Now run a 4.6 mile clockwise loop returning to aid station.
2:30 pm Mile 21.5 – Priest Rock & Limekiln aid station 2nd time out.
4:00 pm Mile 24.5 – Woods Trail aid station 6.5 miles to FINISH located at the intersection of the Woods Kennedy & Limekiln Trails.
6:00 pm at the FINISH – Race is officially over (10 hour time limit.)
Directions and Parking
The Park Entrance to park and catch the shuttle is located at the Hacienda entrance to Quicksilver Park. Click here for directions to 21785 Almaden Rd, San Jose, CA 95120
Sierra Azul Mt. Umunhum area is located off of Hicks Road. Exit Highway 85 at Camden Ave. (From southbound 85 turn left on Camden Ave. From northbound 85 turn left on Branham Avenue and then turn left on Camden Ave.) Travel on Camden Ave. about 1.6 miles. Turn right on Hicks Road. While these are directions to the start, there is no parking there. Please proceed to the Hacienda entrance to catch the shuttle to the race start at 21785 Almaden Rd, San Jose, CA 95120
PLEASE REGISTER EARLY so we can be organized on how many shuttles to have & the scheduled times will be figured out. We do not want runners leaving too early for the start standing around waiting for the start. That is no fun.
Race day registrations: we will do our best to get you to the start on time.
Parking is free.
- Bathrooms will be available at the Start/Finish and at the Hacienda parking lot.
- Cell phone reception is not very good at the Hacienda parking lot & the Start/Finish.
- Cell phone reception out on the course is good in most locations.
- Please have your directions figured out before the morning of the race.
- Runners please only park in the back at the Hacienda entrance in the overflow parking lot.
Pick Up/Drop Off: Although spectators and friends may pick up/drop off runners at the trailhead, spectators may not park at either Woods or Sierra Azul lot to wait for runners. Thank you!
Food will be served to runners after the run. Spectators/friends should bring sun-protection, chair, and supplies.
- Cell Phone Info: At the Start/Finish we do have cell phone reception. At every aid station we have cell phone reception.
- Crew Info: If a family or crew would like to follow their runner, they can do so only at the Kennedy aid station. Estimated time for a very fast runners arrival at the Kennedy aid station is 7:30 am which is 1.5 hours running time.
- Directions/Parking/Concerns/Conduct: Crew directions to the Kennedy aid station. Leaving the start and finish at Hicks Road and Mt Umunhum. Drive North on Hicks Road towards Venture Christian Church, on Camden past Guadalupe reservoir. Turn left onto Shannon Road. Turn left onto Kennedy Road. You will drive up to the top and the Park will be on the left. Please park directly across from the park´s entrance on the residential street. Please obey all parking signs and be especially respectful of the neighborhood we are impacting. Your runner will only utilize this aid station once. Thanks all. Please drive safely.
Images of park courtesy of MROSD.
Copyright © 2019, TCT Runs