|Date:||Saturday, September 4, 2021|
|Race Start Location:||The Strawberry Lodge|
17510 US-50, Kyburz, CA 95720
|Race Finish Location:||Kirkwood Mountain Resort|
1501 Kirkwood Meadows Dr, Kirkwood, CA 95646
|Race Distances:||50K and Trail Marathon|
|Start Time:||7:00 AM START (12-Hour Cutoff)|
The High Sierra 50K is an alpine masterpiece of a trail race that will take you on a one-way adventure through the forests of the High Sierra that surround Lake Tahoe and finishing at the jaw-dropping Kirkwood Resort.
This is a one distance extravaganza for Ultrarunners looking for a 50K milestone in the wilderness of Northern California.
If you have what it takes, I’ll see you on the trails!
|Online registration is available through the morning of the race.|
Active military receives a 15% discount.
Entry fees are non-refundable unless the event is canceled.
PLEASE NOTE THAT IF THIS RACE IS CANCELED DUE TO THE COVID-19 VIRUS, YOU WILL BE ISSUED A FULL REFUND MINUS THE ULTRASIGNUP PROCESSING FEES.
- Trail Marathon – $150
- 50K – $150
Registration fees include the following:
- Commemorative medals for all runners.
- Winning medals for top finishers and age group finishers.
- A High Sierra 50K Custom T-Shirt by Troy’s California Trail Runs.
- Access to all aid stations along the course.
- A professional videographer/photographer taking pics of all runners.
- A High Sierra Adventure!
An optional shuttle service will transport runners from the Finish line at the Kirkwood Resort to the Start line at the Strawberry Lodge at 8 PM. This will be an additional $20 Cost.
- Register by Mail
Print a PDF form and mail it to us at:
2850 Douglas Fir Dr.
Camino, CA 95709
- Register at Race
Please be prepared to pay via Cash or Check. Race Day Registrations will be charged an additional $10.
|Volunteers are needed to help with aid stations.|
Everyone who helps out gets a free future race!
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The High Sierra 50K Trail
TRAIL MARATHON COURSE DESCRIPTION COMING SOON – REGISTRATION IS OPEN FOR THIS COURSE
Surface: Mostly fire roads, dirt roads, and challenging single-track trails
Course: Racecourse travels through the El Dorado Forest in the High Sierra. An overall rugged and remote trail race.
Elevation Profile: 7,753 feet of ascent, with long ups and downs.
Sunrise And Sunset: 6:32 AM and 7:23 PM
Weather: Alpine Summer; Highs – 74 degrees / Lows 46 degrees. (This is a high altitude course; high exposure and weather patterns can change rapidly, please be prepared for all conditions.
Parking: Plenty of free parking is available for this event, however carpooling is encouraged.
- 6:00 AM — Runner Check-In / Bib Pick-Up
- 6:32 AM — Sunrise
- 6:45 AM — Trail Briefing
- 7:00 AM — 50K START
- 7:00 PM — 50K FINISH – RACE OVER
- 7:23 PM — Sunset
Click on The Map Link for a more detailed course view
50K Aid Stations in order of arrival with Cut-Off times
(Crew Access Parking Available):
- Strawberry Lodge Aid Station (Mile 0, START/STAGING AREA)
- Hay Flat Aid Station (Mile 7, 9:00 AM)
- Caples Creek Aid Station (Mile 12, 10:30 AM)
- Carson Spur / Thunder Mtn Aid Station (Mile 19.8, Cut-Off: 1:30 PM)
- Last Chance Stop (Mile 24.5 – Staff support can assist DNF runners)
- Covered Wagon Water Stop (Mile 27.5, 5:00 PM)
- Kirkwood Aid Station (Mile 31, FINISH, Cut-Off: 7:00 PM)
- Multiple, fully loaded, aid stations will be open throughout the course. Additionally, you may leave a drop bag for TCTRUNS to ferry to an aid station along the course for you.
- TCTRUNS Staff and Volunteers will be available throughout the course to assist runners.
- A communications team with access to 4-Wheelers will be monitoring runner progress.
- All intersections will be marked with signs, gypsum, and ribbons. Several portions of the course will be unmarked as there are no turnoffs.
- This is an Alpine Endurance Run in a Wilderness Area. Please make special note of the following information:
- All Runners are highly encouraged to carry the equivalent of 2 water bottles/camelback at all times.
- Sunscreen/hats are highly encouraged to protect against heat exposure.
- Runners should be prepared to run after the sunsets. Please bring a change of clothing for your drop bags and headlamps/other lights.
- Warm clothes and protective gear is mandatory.
- This is a wilderness course; please be aware of potential wildlife encounters; Rattlesnakes, Mountain Lions, Wild Boars, Bears, Mosquitoes, Skunks, Raccoons, Bees, Poison Oak, Etc.
- Crew-members and family/friends are allowed to support the runners at vehicle accessible aid stations throughout the course. Parking will be limited at aid stations.
- Pacers are not allowed for this course.
Travel and Accommodations
Troy’s California Trail Runs is partnered with iWeekender to provide comprehensive travel packages that include accommodations, air travel, and rental cars.
Troy’s California Trail Runs has also partnered with Vail Resorts’ Kirkwood Lodge to extend a discounted rate to runners for accommodations on the weekend of the race. These rates are subject to availability.
For Phone Reservations: Please call 855-332-1601 to make lodging reservations and use the group code: KG4SK50 to receive the discount.
This race is made possible through partnerships with the following companies and organizations!
- Kirkwood Resorts / Vail Resorts
- The Strawberry Lodge
- De La Torre Radio Services
- The Sample Guy
- Versa Aid EMTs
Please contact us via e-mail if you have any questions/concerns: