|Date:||January 25th, 2020|
|Location:||Folsom Lake State Recreation Area|
Salmon Falls Parking Lot
El Dorado Hills, CA
(Click here for Google Maps to the Parking Lot)
|Race Distances:||50K, 22 Miles, 18 Miles, Half Marathon, 8 Miles, 10 K, 5K|
|Start Time:||8:00 AM (All distances, 9-hour time limit.)|
About the Race
This race is run on 95% single-track and 5% dirt road. The course primarily follows the South Side Trail. Very appealing single-track course, and great running with some technical sections. With gently rolling hills in El Dorado Hills, the trail parallels Folsom Lake and is covered by oak trees, lush green grass, and stunning scenery of the surrounding Sierra foothills.
|Volunteers are needed to help with aid stations.|
Everyone who helps out gets a free future race!
- 5K – $40.00
- 10K – $45.00
- 8 Miles – $50.00
- Half Marathon – $60.00
- 18 Miles – $65.00
- 22 Miles – $75.00
- 50K – $100.00
Active military receives a 15% discount.
Entry fees are non-refundable unless the event is canceled.
Pre-registered runners may purchase a T-shirt for an additional $25.00 if they register for one at least two weeks before the event.
All finishers receive an event-specific Troy’s California Trail Runs Medal and have access to food and drinks at aid-stations.
- Register by Mail:
Mail it to us at least two weeks before race day:
Troy’s California Trail Runs
2850 Douglas Fir Dr.
Camino, CA 95709
- Register at Race:
Race day registration is available beginning at 7:00 AM.
* Please add $10.00 to the above fees for race day registration.
- 6:00 AM — Park Opens
- 6:45 AM — Registration/Sign-In/Bib-Pick Up Opens
- 7:45 AM — Trail briefing
- 8:00 AM — Race Start (All distances)
Please arrive early as we expect a full event.
- Most of the trails are single track with gently rolling hills, and other parts are flat and wide. Small portions of the course are on pavement.
- The Starting line for the race will be in the middle of the parking lot, allowing the pack to thin out before entering the Sweet Water Trail.
- All of the bathrooms are available at the start/finish line.
- Courses will be marked with ribbons, signs & gypsum.
- There is a creek crossing – WET FEET. Please use caution when crossing the Sweet Water creek. The rocks are very slippery.
- ATTENTION: BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN ON SALMON FALLS RD/WATCH OUT FOR THE CARS.
- 50K (3136ft Ascent) – Out & Back Route. PINK RIBBONS, Turnaround at the Browns Ravine aid station. Five aid stations along the course, two water stops. There is a porta-potty within 100 yards West of the final aid station.
- 22 Miler (2398ft Ascent) – Out & Back Route. PINK RIBBONS, Turnaround at the Fitch Way aid station. Three aid stations, two water stops along the course.
- 18 Miler (2051ft Ascent) – Out & Back Route. PINK RIBBONS, one aid station at mile four, another at mile 14 and a water stop at the 9-mile turnaround. Final turnaround is at New York Creek water stop before crossing the bridge.
- Half Marathon (1519ft Ascent) – Out & Back Route. PINK RIBBONS, You will hit the aid station twice in the Old Salmon Falls parking lot going out mile 4 & returning at mile 9.
- 8 Miler (850ft Ascent) – Out & Back Route. PINK RIBBONS, one aid station. Turnaround is 2 miles past Old Salmon Falls Aid Station
- 10K (633ft Ascent) – Out & Back Route. BLUE RIBBONS, Turnaround at the Sweet Water aid station located at the end of the trail. This distance is closer to 10.8KM with one aid station.
- 5K (318ft Ascent) – Out & Back Route. GREEN RIBBONS, A sign will be posted along the trail for the turn around at mile 1.5.
Additional instructions on ribbons, loops and other important information related to the race will be shared at the trail briefing.
All of our routes are curated by our team. Distances may at times be approximate due to discrepancies in satellite navigation and on the ground set-up. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Note: In case of inclement weather an alternate course that does not cross the creek will be announced at the trail briefing. This would impact the 50k, 22mile, 18mile, half-marathon & 8mile runners.
- Browns Ravine aid station closes at 12:30 pm.
- Fitch Way aid station closes at 2:00 pm.
- Old Salmon Falls aid station closes at 4:00 pm.
- The race ends at SALMON FALLS PARKING LOT, with a 5:00 pm cutoff.
- All aid stations will be staffed and fully stocked with food, power bars and other nutritional items (including vegetarian/vegan food) as well as Gatorade, soda, and water.
- We will have at least one EMT present at the race.
- Camping chairs will be available at the Start/Finish line. Please plan to bring additional seating if necessary.
- Drop bags will be located at the Fitch Way aid station for the 50k & 22-mile runners. 50k runners will pass through the Fitch Way aid station twice. Please arrive early so that we can arrange for your drop bag to be brought to the Fitch Way aid station. We will plan to deliver them back to the Start/Finish line when the aid station closes.
- If you and your team/crew would like to arrange to drop bags ahead of time or on your own, please contact e-mail us at email@example.com
Parking and Carpooling
- $10 per vehicle, SELF-REGISTRATION for all parking. Please carpool / There are only 129 parking places in the main Salmon Falls Parking Lot and no parking is allowed on the main road entering the parking lot.
- There is overflow parking available outside the SALMON FALLS PARKING LOT.
- Please use CAUTION crossing & walking on Salmon Falls road.
- We will have pink ribbons at the entrance and people directing you.