|Date:||Saturday, January 4, 2020|
|Location:||Hacienda Hills/Almaden Quicksilver County Park/|
New Almaden Park Entrance
|Race Distance:||1.5M, 5K, 10K, 8.6M, Half Marathon|
|Start Time: |
|8:30 AM (All Distances) |
Earn a free future race credit by volunteering with us, click here to submit a volunteer application!
ABOUT THE RACE
Located just outside of San Jose at the Almaden Quick Silver Park, we’re coming back for a spectacular day of Northern California trail running in the Hacienda Hills. Four different race distances with increasing elevation gain guarantee that you’ll be working off the holidays with Bay Area views all around you.
Fees are as follows:
- Half Marathon – $60.00
- 8.6M – $55.00
- 10K – $50.00
- 5K – $45.00
- 1.5M – $30.00
Active military receive a 15% discount. Entry fees are non-refundable unless the event is cancelled. Pre-registered runners may purchase a T-shirt for an additional $25.00 two weeks before the race.
- Online registration is available through the morning of the race.
- Register by Mail
Print a PDF form and mail to us.
- Register at Race
Race day registration is available beginning at 7:15 AM. Please add $10.00 to the above fees.
|7:00 AM – Parking Lot opens|
|7:15 AM – Check-in opens|
|8:15 AM – Trail Briefing|
|8:30 AM – Start Time – All Distances|
Almaden/Quicksilver Park, Hacienda entrance.
All courses are primarily on dirt roads.
- Elevation Gain:
1.5M – 480 Feet
5K – 980 Feet
10K – 1810 Feet
8.6M -1890 Feet
Half Marathon – 2980 Feet
- Bib Colors:
Yellow – Half Marathon
Red – 8.6M, 10K
Black – 5K, 1.5M
- Course Markings:
Half Marathon – Pink Ribbons
10K – Orange Ribbons.
5K, 1.5M – Blue Ribbons
- Trail Briefing:
Please park in the dirt parking lot in the back of the Hacienda entrance to Almaden Quicksilver Park, in New Almaden near the La Foret restaurant.
- Aid Stations:
We will be operating four fully stocked aid stations along the course.
- Driving directions to Hacienda Trailhead:
From Highway 85, take the Almaden Expressway exit south 4.5 miles to Almaden road. Exit to the right on Almaden Road and drive 3 miles along Almaden Road through the town of New Almaden to the unpaved parking lot on the right. The cross streets are Almaden Road and Bertram Road.
Half Marathon (3018 Feet Elevation Gain)
8.6M (1890 Feet Elevation Gain)
10K (1525 Feet Elevation Gain)
5K (980 Feet Elevation Gain)
ATTENTION ALL RUNNERS:
All distances will be marked with Signs/Distances/Direction arrows Gypsum/White chalk on the ground/Direction arrows/Distance numbers.
Some signs may say (ALL) meaning all distances continue in that direction.
Some signs may indicate only one distance or two or more. Please be observant.
Prior to intersections we will have the course marked with Signs/Ribbons/Gypsum arrows and distance numbers.
Where distances SPLIT to go different directions the trail will be marked with gypsum, white chalk. (S) meaning SPLIT distances go different ways.
Single track trails will only be marked at the beginning and at the end.
- 1.5 mile course is an OUT & BACK COURSE up the Deep Gulch Trail.
- 1.5 milers FOLLOW GREEN RIBBONS up the single track Deep Gulch Trail until reaching the dirt road where RED RIBBONS WILL INDICATE WHERE TO TURN AROUND.
Half Marathon Runners/Crew
13.1 Mi runners/crews
Crews are allowed to see and aid their runners along the course in two separate locations.
- Woods Parking lot mile 3.7 for runners.
- Directions from start.
- Turn RIGHT onto Almaden Road drive approximately 1 mile.
- Turn RIGHT onto Hicks Road drive approximately 1/2 to top. At 4 way stop sign turn RIGHT into the Woods parking lot.Proceed into the parking lot aid station will be easily seen in back.
- Directions to next aid station to see your runner at Mockingbird parking lot mile 10. No hurry take your time.
- Drive out of the Woods parking lot. Turn LEFT at stop sign onto Hicks Road.
- Drive down to Almaden Road turn LEFT drive passed start/finish on LEFT. Continue driving on Almaden Road approximately 2 miles to Mockingbird Hill LN/Mckean Road. Turn LEFT
- Turn Left onto Mockingbird Hill Ln.Drive up the hill 1/4 mile Almaden Quicksilver Park the Mockingbird entrance will be on your LEFT. The aid station will be located in the back LEFT side of the parking lot.
- Mockingbird parking lot, mile 10 for runners.
- Crews proceed to start/finish Hacienda entrance to Almaden Quicksilver Park to see your runner finish at mile 13.1.
- Drive out of the Mockingbird parking lot turn RIGHT onto Mockingbird Hill Ln.
- Drive down to Almaden Road. Turn RIGHT onto Almaden Road.
- Drive approximately 2 miles returning to the start/finish Hacienda parking Almaden Quicksilver Park. Turn RIGHT into parking lot.
- All – first aid station at 1.8 miles English Town
- Aid station will be on left at the picnic table before English Town. After aid station continue up trail to English Town following course markings, blue ribbons, signs. 5k – Run a clockwise loop returning to the aid station. After leaving the aid station follow English Camp Trail down 1.3 miles. Turn RIGHT at Mine Hill Trail to Finish 0.4 miles. Attention 5k runners, you do not go back down the way you came up to English Town. Do not go back down the Deep Gulch Trail.
- Second time through for 10k runners mile 4.7 English Town.
- Half Marathon
- 2nd aid station Woods parking lot mile 3.7.
- 3rd aid station 6.9 English Town.
- 4th aid station 10 miles Mockingbird parking lot.
- Finish 13.1
- The Wyndham Garden San Jose Silicon Valley Hotel is located near the event in South San Jose.
Wyndham Garden San Jose Silicon Valley Hotel
399 Silicon Valley Blvd
San Jose,CA 95138