|Date:||Saturday, October 12, 2019|
|Location:||Rancho Canada del Oro |
4289 Casa Loma Rd, Morgan Hill, CA 95037
|Race Distances:||5K, 10K, 9M, Half Marathon|
|Start Time:||8:00 AM|
About the Race
This event is tucked away in the incredibly beautiful foothills of the South Bay Area, starting in the Rancho Cañada del Oro Open Space Preserve. The area is comprised of two hidden-gem parks that combined give you double the pleasure.
If you’re looking for easy and flat then move on. But the climbs are well worth it: At the top is a panoramic view of the entire Bay Area southward, plus the base of the Santa Cruz Mountains.
These two parks will give you a mix of singletrack (40%) and some very enjoyable fire roads (60%) to play on. There are lots of beautiful old oak trees to enjoy but lots of exposure, so come prepared.
|Volunteers are needed to help with aid stations.|
Everyone who helps out gets a free future race!
- 5K: $45
- 10K: $50
- 9M: $55
- Half Marathon: $60
Active military receive a 15% discount. Entry fees are non-refundable unless the event is cancelled. Pre-registered runners may purchase a T-shirt for an additional $25.00 if they register at least two weeks before the race.
|Online registration is available through the morning of the race.|
- Register by Mail
Print a PDF form and mail to us.
- Register at Race
Race day registration is available beginning at 7:00 AM. Please add $10.00 to the above fees.
- 7:00 AM: Runner check-in (bib pickup).
Bib pickup is located at the race start.
- 7:45 AM: Trail briefing at the start/finish.
Please arrive early and be ready to go at Race Briefing so you do not miss important information.
- 8:00 AM: Start all distances.
- 5k runners
OUT & BACK COURSE follow Yellow Ribbons & 5k signs up to the 2nd green gate. LOTS OF YELLOW RIBBONS WILL INDICATE EXACTLY WHERE TO TURN AROUND. No aid station on the course. Finish line is the start/finish in the main parking lot.
- 10k runners follow Orange Ribbons & 10k signs. One OUT 3.1 miles & BACK following ORANGE RIBBONS up to the aid station located at the intersection at Mayfair & Longwall Trails. Turn around & return directly to the start/finish. You are DONE. No aid station on the course. Finish line is the start/finish in the main parking lot.
- 9 mile runners first run the 10k. Return to the start finish at 6.2 miles. Then go out &qmp; run the 5k Course 3.1 miles. You are now Done.
- 13.1 milers
REPEAT two OUT 3.27 miles & BACK following Pink Ribbons on the Mayfair Ranch Trail running up passed the aid station located at the intersection of Mayfair & Longwall Trails. 13 milers, after reaching the aid station, run up the Longwall Trail 0.2 miles until POSTED TURN AROUND LOCATION. Red Ribbons will indicate exactly where to turn around. Then return to the start finish & then go back out a 2nd time REPEATING the course you just ran one last time. 13 mile runners, there will be an aid station at 3.1 miles out & at the start finish. One aid station in the parking lot at the Start/Finish. The Finish is at the Aid Station in the main parking lot.
Course will be marked with the following info below.
- Gypsum direction arrows and distances. The written word NO means Do Not Enter.
- Signs with distances, direction arrows. Please stop and read signs carefully.
- All ribbons are attached to trees/bushes with wooden clothespins. Other ribbons are not ribbons for this race.
One fully stocked aid station
Directions and Parking
- West onto Bailey Avenue
- Left on Mckean Road 2.3 miles.
- Right onto Casa Loma Road.
- Take Almaden Expressway South to the end.
- Turn right at traffic light Harry Road.
- Turn left at stop sign onto Mckean Road.
- Right onto Casa Loma Road.
Parking: All parking will be done at the Rancho Canada del Oro OVERFLOW parking lot only. A few hundreds yards passed the start/finish on the LEFT within walking distance from the Rancho Canada del Oro parking lot.
35 CARS limit. Please carpool. Parking lot opens at 7:00 AM.
Bathrooms are located in the race start parking lot. Please arrive early as this is the only bathroom
All finishers will receive a medal.
Results will be posted here after the event.
Recommended hotel accommodations (close to event):
Wyndham Garden San Jose Silicon Valley Hotel
399 Silicon Valley Blvd
San Jose,CA 95138
408 972 7800