|Date:||Saturday, August 24, 2019|
|Location:||San Jose, CA|
|Race Distances:||.5M, 1.5M, 5K, 10K, 8M, Half Marathon, Marathon, 50K|
|Start Time:||8:00 AM|
About the Race
This event is set in Almaden Quicksilver park, in the beautiful hills of Almaden Valley. It’s comprised of 60% dirt roads, 40% single track, and is very hilly, with great views, awesome countryside. In a nutshell: It’s challenging and very fun.
|Volunteers are needed to help with aid stations.|
Everyone who helps out gets a free future race!
- Half mile: $25
- 1.5M: $30
- 5K: $40
- 10K: $45
- 8.6M: $50
- Half Marathon: $55
- Marathon: $85
- 50K: $95
Active military receive a 15% discount. Entry fees are non-refundable unless the event is cancelled. Pre-registered runners may purchase a T-shirt for an additional $20.00 two weeks before the race.
|Online registration is available through the morning of the race.|
- Register by Mail
Print a PDF form and mail to us.
- Register at Race
Race day registration is available beginning at 7:00 AM. Please add $10.00 to the above fees.
- 7:00 AM: Runner check-in.
- 7:45 AM: Trail briefing at the start/finish.
- 8:00 AM: Start all distances.
New Course info for 50K and Trail Marathon
First run the 13 mile course and return to the start/finish. 13 mile course will be marked 13 and designated Ribbon color. Then reverse the course. This section will be marked 26 and following designated Ribbon color. Runners then return to the start/finish for race completion.
Runners go back out for 4.5 miles, following 50K and designated Ribbon color return to start/finish. You are done.
- Yellow: 50K, Trail Marathon
- Red: Half Marathon
- Black: .5M, 1.5M, 5K, 10K, 8.6M
Course will be marked with the following info below.
- Gypsum direction arrows and distances.
- Signs with distances, direction arrows.
- 50K: PINK RIBBONS First for the 26 mile course then for the last 4.5 miles run ORANGE RIBBONS.
- Trail Marathon: PINK RIBBONS.
- Half Marathon: PINK RIBBONS.
- 8.6 Milers: BLUE RIBBONS.
- 5K, 10K: RED RIBBONS.
- 11:30 am Start/Finish/Mile 13: Mockingbird parking lot Aid Station/Runner OUT of Aid Station.
- 3:00 pm Start/Finish/Mile 26.2: Mockingbird parking lot Aid Station/Runner Out of Aid Station.
- 5:00 pm: Race is Over.
There are four fully stocked aid stations. Bathrooms are located at the start/finish, Hacienda Aid station at 8.9 miles and up and McAbee entrance (50K only).
Drop Bags and Crew
Only for 50K runners. All the information is here.
Directions and Parking
Almaden Quicksilver County Park is located in south San Jose. The Mockingbird Hill entrance is accessed off Mockingbird Hill Lane. This entrance is accessible to all users, including bicyclists. You can reach the park office at (408) 268-3883.
All finishers will receive a medal.
Results will be posted here after the event.
Recommended hotel accommodations (close to event):
Wyndham Garden San Jose Silicon Valley Hotel
399 Silicon Valley Blvd
San Jose,CA 95138
408 972 7800