|Date:||Saturday, August 24, 2019|
|Location:||Mockingbird Hill Picnic Area|
Mockingbird Hill Ln, San Jose, CA 95120, USA
|Race Distances:||.5M, 1.5M, 5K, 10K, 8.6M, Half Marathon, Marathon, 50K|
|Start Time:||8:00 AM|
About the Race
This event is set in Almaden Quicksilver park, in the beautiful hills of Almaden Valley. It’s comprised of 60% dirt roads, 40% single track, and is very hilly, with great views, awesome countryside. In a nutshell: It’s challenging and very fun.
|Volunteers are needed to help with aid stations.|
Everyone who helps out gets a free future race!
- Half mile: $25
- 1.5M: $30
- 5K: $40
- 10K: $45
- 8.6M: $50
- Half Marathon: $55
- Marathon: $85
- 50K: $95
Active military receive a 15% discount. Entry fees are non-refundable unless the event is cancelled. Pre-registered runners may purchase a T-shirt for an additional $25.00 if they register at least two weeks before the race.
|Online registration is available through the morning of the race.|
- Register by Mail
Print a PDF form and mail to us.
- Register at Race
Race day registration is available beginning at 7:00 AM. Please add $10.00 to the above fees.
- 7:00 AM: Runner check-in (bib pickup).
Bib pickup is located at the race start.
- 7:45 AM: Trail briefing at the start/finish.
Please arrive early and be ready to go at Race Briefing so you do not miss important information.
- 8:00 AM: Start all distances.
5k (5k/10k runners )
8.6M (8.6M runners only)
13M (Half Marathon/Marathon/50K runners)
Marathon/50K runners will run 13M course, then 13M reversed.
Details & Statistics
4.5M – 50K additional loop (50k runners only)
50k runners will run this additional loop after completing the 26M course.
Details & Statistics
Actual values may vary from source to source
Distances to Aid Stations
|Distance (13M Race)||Distance to next aid station||Aid Station|
Aid Station (Start)
|4.3M||4.1M|| Hacienda Parking Lot |
|8.4M||4.8M||Randol / Propect |
Additionally, there are water stops as noted below
Aid Stations / Water Stop Info
3 Aid Stations:
1. Start Finish Mockingbird Parking Lot Aid Station. Aid for 10k, 26 ,50k
2. Hacienda Parking Lot Aid Station. Aid for 8.6M, 13M, 26M ,50k
3. Trail Intersection of Randol and Propect Trails. Aid for 13, 26, 50k
3 Water Stops:
1. Virol Norton & Hacienda – 5k, 10k, 8.6, 50k
2. Day Tunnel Trail – 8.6, 13, 26, 50k
3. English Camp – 8.6, 13, 26, 50k
5k / 10k
5k and 10k runners will run together, following red ribbons. Once finished with the 5k, 10k runners will run the same course in reverse.
8.6M runners will follow
Follow 13M course with Orange Ribbons.
First run the 13 mile course and return to the start/finish. 13 mile course will be marked 13 and designated Ribbon color. Then reverse the course. This section will be marked 26 and following designated Ribbon color. Runners then return to the start/finish for race completion. Pink Ribbons Throughout
50K will follow the Marathon course, then go back out for 4.5 miles, following 50K and Orange Ribbons and return to start/finish. You are done.
- Yellow: 50K, Trail Marathon
- Red: Half Marathon
- Black: .5M, 1.5M, 5K, 10K, 8.6M
Course will be marked with the following info below.
- Gypsum direction arrows and distances. The written word NO means Do Not Enter.
- Signs with distances, direction arrows. Please stop and read signs carefully.
- All ribbons are attached to trees/bushes with wooden clothespins. Other ribbons are not ribbons for this race.
- 5K, 10K: RED RIBBONS.
- 8.6 Milers: BLUE RIBBONS.
- Half Marathon: PINK RIBBONS.
- Trail Marathon: PINK RIBBONS.
- 50K: PINK RIBBONS First for the 26 mile course then for the last 4.5 miles run ORANGE RIBBONS.
- Trail Marathon – 7.5 hours time limit – 8:00 am to 3:30 pm.
- 50K must be out of Start/Finish Mockingbird Parking Lot Aid Station at Mile 26 by 3:30pm.
- 50K Cutoff – 5:00 pm race over for 50k at Mockingbird parking lot.
There are four fully stocked aid stations. Start/Finish Aid station, Hacienda Aid station at 8.9 miles
The finish line aid station will have food/snacks for finished runners.
- Virl Norton & Hacienda (5k,10k,8.6,50k)
- Day Tunnel Trail. (8.6,13,26,50k)
- English Camp (8.6,13,26,50k )
Drop Bags and Crew
Drop Bags will have a designated area at the Start/Finish line.
2 locations to see runners by driving up to Aid Stations.
1. Start/Finish Mockingbird Parking Lot.
2. Hacienda Parking Lot Aid Station .8.6, 13 Once, 26, 50k Twice
All Distances Will Finish at the Mockingbird Parking Lot.
Mockingbird Parking Lot Aid Station/26 Once/At Mile 13 for Aid then the Finish At Mile 26.
Mockingbird Parking Lot Aid Station/50k Twice/At Mile 13 and 26 for Aid and the Finish at Mile 31.
Directions and Parking
Almaden Quicksilver County Park is located in south San Jose. The Mockingbird Hill entrance is accessed off Mockingbird Hill Lane. This entrance is accessible to all users, including bicyclists. You can reach the park office at (408) 268-3883.
Bathrooms are located in the race start parking lot. Please arrive early as this is the only bathroom
All finishers will receive a medal.
Results will be posted here after the event.
Recommended hotel accommodations (close to event):
Wyndham Garden San Jose Silicon Valley Hotel
399 Silicon Valley Blvd
San Jose,CA 95138
408 972 7800