—— Race results are in! See the spreadsheet here. ——
|Date:||Saturday, March 16, 2019|
|Race Distances:||38 Miler, 50K, 21 Miler, 1/2 Marathon, 10K, 5K|
|Start Time:||8:00 AM (9 hour time limit)|
About the Race
The course, 95% singletrack and 5% dirt road, is primarily run on the South Side Trail. It is comprised of very appealing singletrack, with great running flow and some technical sections. On these gentle rolling trails in El Dorado Hills, the trail parallels Folsom Lake, has oak trees, lush green grass, nice scenery, and views of Folsom Lake, surrounding foothills and some views of the Sierras. The 10K, and 21 miler are out and back. For the 50K, from the Salmon Falls aid station it does a clockwise loop returning to the South Side Trail.
The legendary and highly acclaimed founder of the Western States 100 Mile Endurance Run and founder of the sport of 100 mile trail running, Gordy Ainsleigh, will be autographing runners bibs and running right along with everyone.
Fees are as follows:
- 38 Miler – $85
- 50K – $80
- 21 Miler – $65
- Half Marathon – $55
- 10K – $45
- 5K – $40
Active military receive a 15% discount. Entry fees are non-refundable unless the event is cancelled. Pre-registered runners may purchase a T-shirt for an additional $20.00 if they register by 10 days before the event.
|Online registration is available through the morning of the race.|
- Register by Mail
Print a PDF form and mail to us.
- Register at Race
Race day registration is available beginning at 7:00 AM. Please add $10.00 to the above fees.
- 7:00 AM — Registration opens
- 7:45 AM — Trail briefing
- 8:00 AM — Start of all races
Start/Finish Folsom Point at the picnic tables in the Northeast corner of Folsom Point. Bathrooms available. At the start of the race all runners after crossing over the dam turn LEFT onto the South Side Trail.
- There is a water station for the 5k
- Mileage to the 1st aid station 3.1 Mi – Turnaround for 10k
- 2nd aid station 6.5 Mile. Turnaround for 13.1 milers
- New York Creek – Water Stop – 10.6 Mi – Turnaround for 21 milers
- Old Salmon Falls 3rd aid station – 15.5 Mi – Turnaround for 50k
Trial Briefing. 38 Miles – I don’t have one for this one.
For more information on the trails used for this run, check out the Strava maps below:
6:45 am park opens.
- Entrance to park marked with Pink Ribbons.
- Start/Finish area North/East corner. As you drive in, stay to the right.
- 7:00 am Registration/Runner check in. Pre-registered runners pick up their shirts/Bibs/pins. Bathrooms available next to registration area – Start/Finish.
- Yellow 38Mi, 50k
- Red 21Mi, 13.1
- Black 10k, 5k
- 7:50 am Trail Briefing
- 8:00 am Start all distances
- Race starts: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm – 9 hour time limit. The rangers will want us out prior to dark.
- Attention all aid stations will remain open until the last runner comes in. If the runner does not meet the cutoff time the runner may be driven back to the start.
- 12:30 PM – 38 MILE RUNNERS SRA Parking lot aid station/Old Salmon Falls parking lot MILE 19. Turn Around for the 38 milers.
- 12:30 PM – 50k RUNNERS Salmon Falls parking lot aid station. 15.5 miles to FINISH.
- 1:00 PM – 38 MILE RUNNERS Salmon Falls parking lot aid station. 15.5 miles to FINISH.
- 3:00 PM – ALL RUNNERS/Planeta Way aid station. 6.5 miles to FINISH
- 4:00 PM – ALL RUNNERS/Browns Ravine aid station. 3.5 miles to FINISH.
- 5:00 PM – 9 HOUR TIME LIMIT. ALL RUNNERS FINISHED at Folsom Point. Race is OFFICIALLY OVER.
Course and how it will be marked.
- Start/Finish next to registration area.
- Course markings
- Blue Ribbons – 5k course.
- Primarily Pink – All other distances.
- Signs on 3ft wooden stakes indicating Distance & Direction Arrows. Gypsum (White powder) on the ground indicating Distance and Direction Arrows.
- At Planeta Way – Aid Station 2. I will have a SIGN POSTED at Aid Station 2 with a arrow directing you.
All runners after crossing over the dike you will turn LEFT up onto the South Side Trail.
5k runners Blue Ribbons: you will run for a short distance a few minutes. You will notice a lot of Blue Ribbons on your RIGHT. Prepare to take a very sharp RIGHT TURN up the hill to your aid station.
5k runners , you will now run a counterclockwise loop returning to the main trail. Once you return to the main trail, run out to the dike turning right onto the dike then returning to the FINISH.
Attention 38mi, 50k, 21Mi, 13Mi, & 10k runners. Just before aid station 1 at Browns Ravine, you will cross over a road to the entrance to Browns Ravine. Please use caution both directions.
Course markings. The course will be marked with different colored ribbons for the distances, signs & gypsum arrows.
Pink Ribbons: 38 mi, 50k, 21Mi, 13Mi, 10k.
Out & Back Courses 38 mi, 50k, 21Miler, 13 miler & 10k.
Blue Ribbons: 5k
10k course: you will turn around at the first aid station at Browns Ravine.
13 milers : you will turn around at the second aid station located at Planeta Way mile 6.5.
21 milers: you will turn around after crossing over the New York Creek bridge. A water jug will be there.
50K runners, when arriving at AID STATION 3 mile 15.5 Old Salmon Falls parking lot you will TURN AROUND.
38 Milers: Orange Ribbons at AID STATION 3
38 milers & 50k course is now an out & back. Pink Ribbons to the aid station. 50k runners turn around at the Old Salmon Falls parking lot aid station. OUT & BACK.
38 milers Orange Ribbons at AID STATION 3, mile 15.5. After leaving aid station 3 at Old Salmon Falls parking lot, you will follow Orange Ribbons out & back section.
38 milers: you will run out to the SRA parking lot aid station TURN AROUND & return to the Old Salmon Falls parking lot aid station 3.
38 milers: you will now follow the Pink Ribbons back to the FINISH, running the 50k course. 38 milers run through the Old Salmon Falls aid station now following Orange Ribbons out & back section to the end of the Sweet Water Trail to the aid station located in the SRA parking lot. 38 milers turnaround at the aid station return to the Old Salmon Falls parking aid station & return to following Pink Ribbons back to the finish at Folsom Point.
Directions and Parking
- From hwy 50, get off E. Bidwell exit, turn left at end of ramp
- Turn right on Oak Ave Parkway
- Turn right on Blue Ravine
- Turn left on E. Natomas
- Turn left on Briggs Ranch Dr.
- Turn right into park entrance
- After entering park, turn right at the fork and drive all the way to the end….look for restrooms on the right
- Here is a Google map showing the Start. Ignore the street address. This address is for someone Google choose because they are the closest steet address to the parking lot. You can use the google map to get driving directions directly to the parking lot.
- The entrance to the park is at the corner of East Natoma and Briggs. There is a church on the corner. Please do not bother with church by asking for directions. They don’t actually know about our event. The Start/Finish is Folsom Point/Dyke 8 off of East Notama in Folsom CA.
- Parking: Ample parking at boat ramp. Cost: $12.00 for day use.
- Park phone: 916-988-0205
Four fully stocked aid stations.
5k Aid station 5k runners: 1 aid station will be provided.
Aid Station 1 – Browns Ravine. Turn around for 10k. 10k runners, 1 aid station will be provided.
Aid Station 2 – Planeta Way. Turn around for 13 miler. 13 milers, 3 aid stations will be provided.
New York Creek mile 10.5 water stop. Turn around for the 21 milers. Cross over the bridge. A water jug will be there at your turn around location. A sign will be posted, “Turn Around 21 milers.”
Aid Station 3 Old Salmon Falls parking lot. 50k runners arriving at aid station 3, you will now TURN AROUND.
38 milers CONTINUE. Now follow Orange Ribbons. The out & back section to turn around at the SRA parking lot aid station.
Aid Station 4 is the 38 mile TURNAROUND location. The aid station is located in the SALMON FALLS parking lot where our SWEET WATER TRAIL RUN starts & finishes.
38 milers after returning to the Old Salmon Falls aid station go back to Pink Ribbons just as the 50k runners did.
Drop bags will be the morning of the race. Drop bag signs will be posted near the registration. Drop bags will be taken to TWO different aid stations. Runners place your drop bags under the signs where we will deliver them. Drop bags will be returned later in the day to the finish.
Aid station 2 DROP BAGS: Planeta Way: 50k, 21Mi, 13Mi. Mile 6.5 going out.
Aid station 3 DROP BAGS: Old Salmon Falls parking lot mile 15.5, 50k.
Parking nearby at Falcon Crest parking lot to reach the 3rd aid station by foot.
Crew info & driving directions:
- Aid stations & crew access allowed.
- Aid station one Browns Ravine. Runners that will access this aid station 50k, 21mi, 13mi & 10k.
- Runners that will access twice 50k, 21Mi, 13Mi.
- Aid station three Old Salmon Falls parking. 50k runners only.
Directions to all three aid stations in sequence if needed for emergency reasons.
Shopping centers, food & Gas along the course at the intersection of East Natoma St & Green Valley Rd.
Also Francisco Drive & Green Valley Rd.
Aid station One Browns Ravine.
You must have a parking pass to enter into Browns Ravine. Parking passes $12.
Leaving the start/finish Folsom Point. Turn left onto East Natoma St. Turn left onto Green Valley Rd. Turn Left into Browns Ravine entrance to Folsom Lake. Aid station will be located on your right at the toll entrance shack.
Directions to the second aid station Planeta Way:
ATTENTION CREWS – NO PARKING SIGNS ON STREET IN THIS AREA.
Leaving Browns Ravine aid station. Turn left onto Green Valley Rd. Turn left at Francisco Dr. Drive for 1.8 miles until end. Turn right onto Guadalupe Dr. Immediate left onto Planeta Way. Drive 2/10 of a mile until end. Park in the court & at the end of the court. On the left, there is a paved road leading down to the aid station – 20 yards.
Aid station Two Planeta Way. Attention crews:
There are NO PARKING signs on the street in this area. Runners that will access this aid station. 50k, 21Mi, 13Mi.
13 milers turnaround at the second aid station Planeta Way. Runners that will use this aid station twice – 50k & 21 milers.
Leaving Planeta Way aid station to aid station Three – Old salmon Falls aid station or back to Browns Ravine.
Old Salmon Falls aid station – 50k runners only.
Drive back to Green Valley Rd.
If you want to drive to Old Salmon Falls aid station turn left onto Green Valley Rd. If you want to return to Browns Ravine aid station or the finish turn right onto Green Valley Rd.
50k crews – You turned left onto Green Valley Rd. You will take your next left at the light onto Salmon Falls Rd. On Salmon Falls Rd drive 2.8 miles until the Falcon Crest parking lot on your left. Turn left at the end of the parking lot onto a paved road leading down to the Old Salmon Falls parking lot aid station. Drive straight down into the parking lot. Please drive safely, the road is a little rough.
Crews after leaving the Old Salmon Falls aid station turn right onto Salmon Falls Rd. Drive 2.8 miles to Green Valley Rd. Turn right onto Green Valley Rd this will take you back to all locations.